Starting CTDTS 2/13!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Wulfwynn, Feb 8, 2012.

1. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    yeah I can see that but they have NO idea what they are missing for information here! You have been here awhile now Wulf and you can see how the information on schools, or how to back or shift or companies when you are in your situation can be so valuable!

Oh well THEIR LOSS!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wulfwynn

Wulfwynn <b>Brand New CDL Holder</b>

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    That's how I was thinking of it Sammy. *shrugs*

4. sammycat

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Oh well again their loss!!!

I suppose we could ask for TTR business cards to hand out LOL!!

5. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    Wouldn't be too hard to make some. Just use either microsoft word and some business card paper or find one of those "free" business card places.

6. sammycat

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Right but that would be up to Admin the owner of this site to do and I think he has his hands full with the mischief on here LOL :)

You could give the people at school a piece of paper and write out the website for them

it's a tough one: thetruckersreport.com

Funny if you do an online search and type in like truck driving or something like that TTR comes up pretty close to the top of the list!!

7. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    I know, that's how I found it. It's just getting these guys to remember when they get home.

8. sammycat

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    They are all wrapped up in school and then it will be looking for a company then training then learning the company then hitting your 10//70 and then and then and then...........their loss. Again so MUCH help on here when you are a newbie!!!

9. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    I know, I've found so many helpful threads and people here. I love it. Just means more post room for me. LOL

sammycat and Rick_C Thank this.
  10. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    For those who don't know I missed the last 3 days of school from being both sick and my car breaking down. I have meds and my car has been fixed.

Pumpkin patch Recruiter today. She gave a real general overview of training, pay, and the company. One guy in the class kept asking and asking about the Leasing option and having someone else driving his truck when he was at home. That's not what trucking's about. :biggrin_25510:

Got picked on to do a PTI again today. (I say again as this is my 2nd one when there's others who could/need to do it) Did a lot better today. Only forgot a few things and stumbled over the in-cab stuff. It's easier for me to remember all the parts outside than the stuff I have to do inside. LoL

Was in a truck with Rick (instructor) again today. First guy is just doing a refresher and pretty much remembers everything pretty well. Second guy was on his second day of the range and not so good. :biggrin_25523: On the "range" there's a section of road that slopes downhill toward a railroad track. Rick was having him do some downshifting. He downshifted from 6th and thought he had it in 5th but really was in neutral, we're heading toward the track at about 15mph. Rick starts yelling at him to stop and that he's not in gear, the tractor goes over the track before he slams on the breaks throwing me into the back of Rick's seat and the other guy onto the floor and leaves a lovely set of double scuff marks from the trailer tires going across the track. Sad part was on the 2nd pass he did it again. :biggrin_25524: This time both the guy and myself in back had our seatbelts on though Rick grabbed the trailer brake handle (the one always labeled "not for parking") and the brakes started to smoke a bit.

Overall I did much better today than I did last Thursday. I think the fact I've got some antibiotics in me and that I'm feeling much better helped. I was shifting pretty good for a while until my knee began to hurt. Took a break and went back at it. Rick wants to put me on the road Monday. (That'll be my 3rd day behind the wheel). I'm nervous and excited. Can't wait for next week.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  11. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    Today started off like any other day. PTI and standing around for a hour but no recruiter as it's Monday.

4 of us in the truck today so we get 2 hours a piece drive time. It's 2 guys from my class (one who's almost got all his drive hours and another who was on his 2nd day for driving) and Mr. Skid from last week along with myself.

1st guy did real good but he just got out of the military and is simply attending the class for "formal" cdl training.

Then it was my turn. Didn't do too bad today. Was a bit nervous starting out as it's simply a different feeling going from the gear range to Brookshire Blvd. Did a bit better on my up and down shifting today, only really had trouble stopping. The Ford is more finicky than the Volvo's I've been driving. It was a bit harder to keep the service brake down while trying to also push the clutch in. Only stalled out once but did rock quite a few times.

Mr. Skid spent all day on the range as this was a 9-speed truck instead of the 10's we have used before. (That was his reason for the bad shifting today) He told me I made him look bad since we're on the same "day" when it comes to driving. :biggrin_25523:

Starting out in the range just to check my skills then back on the road for me tomorrow.

American-Trucker and sammycat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.