Starting Maverick orientation next week...

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by robert.smith, Feb 9, 2014.

1. robert.smith

robert.smith Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    Supposed to be in Little Rock next Sunday for orientation that I was under the impression started on Monday because my recruiter said I have to be there Sunday night, but in his email it said be there Sunday by 7am. Does anyone know which is correct? I assumed Sunday night cause I have not heard of an orientation starting on Sunday before, but I know things change. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good luck to you. Hey, how are things in Bossier City? I spent a few years at Barksdale AFB in the early 80's.

4. robert.smith

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    Thank you... Bossier has grown immensely since then lol, you would get lost here now. I keep saying I wanna go your Barksdale just to see it, but there's no way to get in there except for the air show.

5. goatman826

goatman826 Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Winston-Salem NC
    Orientation starts Sunday morning

6. GrizzlyCan2011

GrizzlyCan2011 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Blanchard, LA
    Cool i live in Bossier City too. Currently waiting on TMC and Mcelroy to call me back. I like what I hear about Mcelroy. Haven't decided yet, also thinking about Maverick.

7. robert.smith

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    I knew I couldn't be the only driver here lol. TMC would have been my first choice, but I need the experience first so maverick seemed like the best choice for me.

8. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Oh, no doubt. Back then it was pretty easy to get in. I remember a place in town, Circle in The Square I think, that had bars etc. Lotsa fun for young'n.

9. GrizzlyCan2011

GrizzlyCan2011 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Blanchard, LA
    TMC said they want experience? I have none and their looking at me. They got me a little anxious right now cause the recruiter told me to call him Friday and I did twice and didn't answer. Hopefully it's because it was in the afternoon and went home or something.

10. Regulars

Regulars Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Salem, AL
    I just started orientation today. You'll need to get here Saturday cause orientation starts Sunday morning at 0700. They don't tell you when you get here, but you need to bring to class that morning your atlas, SS card, CDL, blank check, passport and TWIC card if you have them. The first day is pretty easy you go through on the computer and make sure all your info is correct and all of that good stuff. We actually got behind today cause there were problems with the computers. We do our DOT physical and ability test tomorrow along with drug test. Once you get here you'll have the opportunity to go to Wal-Mart to get food and stuff for breakfast and dinner. They proved lunch all the way until Thursday. It is pretty much Pizza hut or Subway. In the Maverick Hotel you have a microwave down stairs with large fridges. You have small fridges in the rooms to keep some food and stuff in. No tv's in the room and you don't even lock the doors. They have a small lock box you can put things in but its only big enough to put a wallet and such in. They have linen and such for the beds and proved towels and such for the bathrooms. I'll post back and let you know how tomorrow goes. If you think of any questions just let me know and I'll hit you back.

11. robert.smith

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    Thank you so much for that info, I was really wondering what all would take place on the first day. I don't have TWIC or passport, but everything else is good. I would really like to know about the physical test just to know kinda what to expect. They only provide lunch through Thursday? I thought they provided that for the whole two weeks. Do I need my birth certificate for anything? No TV's, guess I better be sure to have my laptop lol. Do they have WiFi? Thanks again, good luck to you with everything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.