Starting Maverick orientation next week...

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by robert.smith, Feb 9, 2014.

1. robert.smith

robert.smith Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    Well I am in a unique situation, I haven't driven in several years so that's why I need experience for them. I'm sure with them not calling you back it was because of the day of the week it was, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goatman826

goatman826 Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Winston-Salem NC
    I am going flatbed long haul. My recruiter told me I don't need a passport, but they would have me get a twic card, I offered to get it before I arrived, he told me to wait until I got there.
    I sure hope I don't need a passport, I don't have the necessary paperwork to apply

4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    no pass port needed for flatbed, just TCD and Glass.

5. robert.smith

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    My recruiter never said anything about either one, I just saw where I needed a TWIC card in my email, so I would doubt you would need a passport, but even if you do it should their responsibility to get it for you if nothing was ever mentioned.

6. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I don't think i needed my birth certificate. The physical is a work steps type program if you are familiar with that. pick up weight and put them on the table with proper lifting technique, flexibility test, checking for any previous injury to you joints, ect. If you cant pass the physical you honestly cant be a flatbeder because you will do all that stuff but out in the elements.

I belive they have wifi now in little rock, and they have tv's in the lobby of the bunk house, just not in the rooms.

7. Regulars

Regulars Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Salem, AL
    You will apply for the twic card here. They have wifi but you can't stream Netflix or anything. They have them blocked. Once you get the job offer they stop providing lunch. Plus you move up the road to the Galloway hotel. There is a pilot and petro right next to it so there are eateries around the hotel. Now I don't how the wifi and stuff there is. I'm sure it is like a normal hotel. Bring winter clothes. They are doing renovations here so the securment training is outside in a tent. It is suppose to snow here tomorrow again so we shall see.

8. robert.smith

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    I'm not familiar with the work steps program, but I'm not worried about the physical stuff because I've never broken any bones or anything like that so I can't think of anything that would stop me. I was mainly wondering about how much weight your picking up and putting on the table and I assume they will show you what their "proper" lifting technique is? Doesn't sound difficult, I think its just kind of intimidating for me, coming from FFE to a place that would send you home for stepping on their grass, kinda like a military type of environment so I think that's my thing is just not knowing what to expect really.

9. robert.smith

Jan 24, 2014
    Bossier City, LA
    Wow, they really run a tight ship there don't they? He mentioned that we would move to another hotel but didn't tell me which one, I'm thinking of driving my own vehicle up there just to have the option of going where I want to go. I heard the weather was rough there, I'm hoping it clears up by next week. They offer the job to you this Thursday or next?

10. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    the weights are not terribly heavy. something like 60 pounds from the ground to a folding table then like 40 pounds over you head. it has been 8 months since i went through orientation so it is a little foggy.

11. Sojourn14

Sojourn14 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Illinois
    Kylefitzy, I heard they want you to be able to lift 120 lbs, even for the temp control division. Is that true?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.