Starting pay

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by jdsouza, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Good choice kokot, Heyl is a good company to drive for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

They aren't listed on TTR's Trucking Company DAC Reports list. Is Heyl a small company?

4. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    About 300 tractors. They've been around for more than 60 years.

5. Kokot

Kokot Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    1.True that.
    2. 14 months one 660? #### man, your lease must be like what? $475-500 now? No wonder your cpms are high. :biggrin_25520:
    I've gotten a brand new T700 for last 6 months or so coz my old Pete was breaking my maintenance acct. So I figured if I get a new one, I'll save in a long run even though the lease was ~$70/wk more. WRONG! New trucks break down too. In the end of my lease I was lucky to get ~$900 bucks back from my maintenance acct.

Yeah. I know. I've read every post.

Thank you. I did extensive research. There is a few OTR companies with terminals relatively close to Ocala. Hell, Swift has terminal right here. But I REALLY didn't want to work for Swift :biggrin_25513:
    I was considering WSE, Heartland, CCC and a few others.
    I came across Heyl by accident while researching different companies. I've had no idea they have terminal here in Zephyrhills.

6. Kokot

Kokot Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    I'm in. Going to orientation tomorrow. On the road Friday. Maybe. Hopefully. ;)

7. Willies Trucking

Willies Trucking Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Queens, NY
    what are the slowest moth's to work as a driver and how many miles you average a week in a slow month?????? Answer anyone!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

8. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    You only need to post your question one place. Go read my answer in Aviary.

9. Kokot

Kokot Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    Just fyi. I started with Heyl last Saturday. In 8 days I drove 4300 miles.
    Even with driving 65 ALL the time, my fuel mileage average is 7.6 (Cascadia with Detroit) so I'm eligible for + 0.02 fuel bonus. $1591 on first paycheck.

I don't know what it is about those Stevens trucks that I could never achieve such mpgs. And I'm not doing anything different.

10. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Those Freightliners with the new Detroit are doing really good. Stevens has 30 of them and they are averaging right at 8mpg so your number is right in there.
    When Paccar found out Stevens was considering a large order (100+) of the trucks, they said, "Wait!, lets try some of OUR trucks with the Detroits."
    We are just receiving some Petes, I understand, with that new Detroit. I had been bothering Cat for a Coumbia with the DD, but Alliance doesn't get those. Friday she left me a message, "getting a few Petes with the Detroit...interested?"
    So we'll see what happens.

11. maxwelltie

maxwelltie Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Brookings, OR
    Had the gear splitter installed on my truck while home this past week. Now have half gears between upper range. Haven't really had much chance to use it. Played with it some as I went over mountains from San Diego to Imperial Valley.
    Should be interesting to see how that works when I climb Tehachapi.
    Decided not to tune the engine up for HP. Too tempting, then.
    Had them set speed for 65 so I'm still Canada legal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.