Starting SS 8/8

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by Mud Dog, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Mud Dog

Mud Dog Tattooed & Insane - Forum Sparkler

Dec 8, 2009
    Devil's Land, kentucky
    Me and a friend are heading to Super Service (Somerset, KY) next week to run team. I'm kinda iffy because Ive seen sooo much bad compared to good, but I also know how drivers are. Id rather be on a skateboard but jobs a job. If theyre as bad as what Ive seen, Ill let yall know. If theyre better Ill spread that too. Wish us luck and lets see how it goes!

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    full time work, part time pay. remember this comment. hope you like ragged out trucks with no a/c and the average length haul is 300-400 miles. hope you didn't by into the hype the recruiter told you. but company has announced it will crap on veteran drivers and keep them in older 2006-07 trucks so they can recruit new drivers with the newer trucks. i been here here 18months and each month keeps getting worst. planning on leaving by September. your a team, means your gonna get to do double stacked loads 2loads on top of each other. not one big long trip that takes a team to run. one driver does a load like maybe from somerset, KY to greeneville, tn and the other does a load to asheville, NC to Gary, in. that's their idea of team miles. double stack trips. notice both of those trips if you look them up are under 500miles. i know of 2 teams working for the company right now that have to split $600-700 paychecks. SPLIT****not each**** SPLIT

Mud Dog and 123456 Thank this.
  4. badman976

Jan 5, 2010
    oh yeah company still using badly neglected original company superservice old superservice trailers. wooden walls wood on ceiling. these trailers are heavily cover in black mole. be careful. of course company denies it and will just say find different trailer hopefully next driver want notice and pull it without issue.

Mud Dog Thanks this.
  5. mscan5

mscan5 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Badman, I can't say anything about what you go through in the dry box part of the company. I would like to point out that they are paying a bonus for staying in an older truck. I like the idea that they are paying me more to avoid electronic logs and def.

If I were stuck in one of those ragged out Volvo's that they started me in, I would probably not be happy. The 05 freithliner they currently have me in has few issues I can't deal with. The only problem I seem to have is getting the thing washed. If you are not on the Hump on a Tuesday you will have to wash it yourself while the guy who gets paid to do it watches you. Needless to say, the outside of my truck is pretty dirty. It's been about 3 months since it has been washed by anything but rain.

6. badman976

Jan 5, 2010

well the drybox drivers as you refer to us get the trucks washed every month if we want. if your dm want let you wash the truck every month call jon ukert in grand rapid he's the op manager. he made the announcement about monthly truck washes 8-6 months ago. i would say your division is ####### you over on truck washes.

7. Mud Dog

Dec 8, 2009
    Devil's Land, kentucky
    lets just say a few things went wrong and a few lies were told, superservice aint my home

8. badman976

Jan 5, 2010

you can't leave us hanging. tell us what happen. i can't believe superservice would lie to you...(yeah right)

9. Mud Dog

Dec 8, 2009
    Devil's Land, kentucky
    told over the phone pay would be .37-39 got down there said if i got hazmat passport/twic id make .31-.32. too much of a difference few hundred $$ a wk i figure wasnt told to bring paper work for unemployment over the yrs and from school idk if they meant HS or cdl didnt make it that far and a few other lies but ill be nice

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.