starting TMC in Nov 3

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by MOG, Oct 18, 2008.

1. thomas

thomas Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Athens,Al.
    Glad to hear everything is going good!!! Keep Us Posted!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MOG

MOG Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Gainesville,Ga
    funeral and family all over I'm Back to work now.
    It has been a short week due to thanksgiving i will be home today (later)

this week my trainer has been watching me do the work and not helping.
    I don't have a problem with that because he is doing his job. If he didn't think i could handle it he would be helping . He told me he was going to do this because i would have to do it when i was assigned to my own truck.

By the way I took 10 days off for the death of my mom. They held my spot with my current trainer so i could finish my training with him. I find this to be awesome i had only been there 3 days and they are already treating me like i am important to them. I will be there a while if this keeps up

MOG

4. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Good Luck, I think they are ok

5. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..MOG yes keep us posted on ur weekly loads, like what freight ur haulin', weather conditions when ur loading/unloading & road conditions when ur drivin' because this time of year drivin' & loadin', even gettin' outta ur truck can be dangerous (ice) so watch urself out there.. also the miles ur getting each week because usually this time of year loads aren't ez to come by..

6. chunk5207

chunk5207 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Ashland, OH
    Does TMC run loose leaf logs? Is your trainer showing u how 2 run a "legal log"?

7. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Just pay attention to loading and securement. And hopefully the guy training you has told about driving the load, not the truck. And don't get lazy, throw that extra strap or chain. And check the load after a few miles down the road. You may have gotten it tight the first go around, but things can settle, and that goes for chains and straps.

[​IMG]

Mike

melanie and Baack Thank this.
  8. MOG

MOG Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Gainesville,Ga
    My trainer and TMC are both anal retentive about securement. and yes i do use the extra strap/chain at all times.

I have noticed different loads pull differently and the way i have to drive them.

NO snow ice as yet so no probs there. North Dakota native so not too worried there. If I don't feel safe driving in it i dont have to

load yesterday and day before had large wait time before quaalcom went beep due to fleet managers working hard to get loads home bound.
    if i was running solo wait would not be problem as i needed 10 hr reset but we are on team status so there we sat

will keep track next week as it is not holiday week and let ya all know what we haulin and how many miles.

so far i have hauled metal decking, catapillar frames, crane counterweights
    steel coils ( not the slinkies) shingles and misc steel

trainer is teaching LEGAL logging and even if he weren't i know enough about logs to not do it any other way but legal. if it is not legal it is my but then i get to go talk to safty about it. Don't want to do that

logs are carbon less single page for pretrip and logs bout 40 pages to a book form jj Keller very easy to work with.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
    Baack Thanks this.
  9. Waterloo

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Yep, try your best to run it all legal. The good old days are no longer. And I am not talking about the pill poppers or flying out with 34 hours under your belt. I am talking about the days you feel like you can drive 20 hours and do, just because you can.

Or the days that you start out, and can only do 3 or 4 hours for whatever reason, but no one cares, because you can get the job done. Those days are gone. With all of the rules, regs and lawsuits... Run it legal, because you never know. The good old days are long gone.

Mike

10. Waterloo

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Trucking is now just another job...

Mike

11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Always was as far as I have been concerned, never bought into that TRUCKING IS A LIFESTYLE BS

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.