starting TMC in Nov 3

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by MOG, Oct 18, 2008.

1. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio
    I love mt looseleaf log book in case you make a mistake. It is much neater but i dont know if they let you use them, do they?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    No, it is not a "Lifestyle", it is the work I do to keep a roof over my families head and food on the table. I know of no other line of work that is so regulated as to actually break a guy.

This used to be fun, now it is a thankless job that is getting harder to do in the current economic conditions. Drive less and make more money, that is my motto after near 19 years out here doing it all... Company driver to small fleet. Sad thing is, outfits like TMC came in a savaged rates...

Not #####in, but you know what I am talking about, or do you?

Just wondering how many drivers you employed in those 31 years? Not looking for a CB Rambo fight, just asking.

Mike

4. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..well not so fast, i heard on the news this week that one of the executive orders Bush could 'possibly' sign is increasing the number of hours a driver is allowed to drive in a week; how much more that will be they didn't say, so maybe there's a ray of hope that something positive for drivers will happen before this administration leaves office Jan. 20th..

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

"Not #####in, but you know what I am talking about, or do you?"

Well lets see , have been at it a long time , have employed quite a few drivers and O/O's over the years both good and bad , treated them all pretty decent ( the treat them the way you want to be treated way of doing things ) been screwed over by some and supported by others.

Lost customers to the undercutters / bottom feeders and have also taken customers away from them by giving better service.

You think trucking is regulated should look at other areas of self employment , have a son in the A/C business same crap, son in law in general contracting again same crap. Always someone doing it for less $ , always a new rule / regulation that affects the way things are done at additional $ to the contractor and not as much FUN as it was .

LIFESTYLE is jetting off to the ISLANDS to the SUMMER PLACE or to the LODGE for fishing not getting up and going to work every morning.

6. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Amen! Thought I had her, but such is life.

Mike

7. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I agree with you 100%. Those who take this job as a lifestyle usually fail and complain all the time because they are getting screwed or not making any money, I mean, DUH! I have a personal philosophy concerning trucking and that is "I drive to live, not live to drive" and the people in this industry that beleive the "I live to drive" need to park the truck, clean it out, and go home, because trucking is not for them.

8. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I pay pretty close attention to everything that has to do woith this industry and Im not sure where you heard that, but there is not even any chatter concerning this either on any of the boards or any of the watchdog sites, and by checking all the major news outlets, I could not find any chatter of this either even in passing or otherwise. The only "order" that was signed has now expired and that had to do with driving more hours only if you were working on taking releif to the States after the flooding, but that order expired on Nov 10. So My guess is that this is just a rumor that you may have encountered, but it wasnt on any news site.

9. kindsoul

kindsoul Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    columbus, OH
    I start with TMC on Dec. 8 and am happy to hear that they are treating you well. I was going with USXpress, but they canceled my start date, which seems to be a blessing. I hope everything goes as smooth as it is going for you!:biggrin_25525:

10. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    You have to use the logbook pages that TMC provides, but you may take them apart and use them in looseleaf style if you choose. These are a full page 8.5 by 11" log and PTI combination. A lot of drivers use the plastic cases with a clipboard on the front. Even if you don't turn it into a looseleaf the pages tear out neatly if you make a mistake so there is no mess.

11. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..i think it was on CNN, but it was them or ABC, NBC nightly news, that's all i watch, it wasn't newspaper or radio, it was definitely on the TV news though last week, they were discussing the executive orders Bush may sign before he leaves office in Jan.. it kinda caught me by surprise because most of the news has been related to the economy.. if it comes up again i will make a note of what network it's broacast on & see if it's mentioned on any of their web sites.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.