Starting Training at CR England

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BKC1985, Feb 24, 2008.

1. BKC1985

BKC1985 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Hey guys BKC here again well my trainer came and got me and another student on tueday and we are here in cali waitng for a load so far we have been to Iowa, Illionois, St.louis, Arizona. we r waiting on a load to go to Wiscousin. Overall he is pretty cool but really he is a fat slob and is unorganized. His truck inside is kinda dirty. Plus its three guys in the truck so its kinda cramp if you know what I mean. Plus I been driving overnight a lot and I want some daytime driving. Also he doesnt helps us with the logbooks or the qualcomm. Just in the beggening he did. But I have 2 more weeks left to get off this truck. He doesn't drives at all. Me and the other guy just switch shifts when our hours are up. So his bascially get paid for sitting on the passenger seat.

Also when I left the hotel it was 40 students ready to go out with a trainer I guess they didn't expect that much people to be ready to go out.

But I'm staying postive out here and just trying to learn everything I can and get on the road solo.

Another thing he doesnt even do pretrips inspections since I got on the truck..

Well Im out ill give yall a update when we get to a truckstop dat has internet service..

See yall later.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PlainTruckinCrazy

PlainTruckinCrazy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Apple Valley, Ca
    LoL 3 people in a truck, lazy fat slob as a trainer.... All hail the red army!:biggrin_25514: Just reinforces my opinion of CRE

4. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    What has been said here to indicate a "FAV" company?
    None of that sounded good to me. Do any of these companies sound good to anyone ? >>>
    BTC Builders Transport?
    CRST Malone?
    CRST Van Expedited?
    FFE Frozen Foods Express?
    USA Truck?
    Averitt Express?
    MCT Midwest-Coast Transportation?
    KLLM Transport?
    Melton Truck Lines? not sure if they take 0exp students?
    Hornady Trans Co? not sure """""""""""""""""""""""""""""?
    Howell Motor Freight?
    Marten?
    Schneider?
    Stevens?
    Or just list who you think is good. Please. I read so many post like on this one that says "Oh ABC trucking stinks, stay away for sure". And that is good if you will follow saying to try so&so and so&so in your opinion. In other words at least tell us who you would suggest after you say who not to work for. Looking at "GOOD" vs "BAD" trucking companies here, seems most companies are in both categories. And I understand people's opinions differ; but if you are going to say "after all that is on this site why would you go with them in the first place", duh ... they may have found that same company in the "GOOD" companies list! Get my drift? :biggrin_25512:

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Hornandy requires three months but they seem to be a good company.

Kinghunter

6. browneyes661

browneyes661 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Lancaster, CA
    DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THIS COMPANY!!! My hubby turned his truck in about a month ago and we are so broke it is not even funny. He did the leasing BAD IDEA!!!!! We are in the hole about $11,000 because of this company. All the people you talk to have attitudes so have fun with that. My hubby just found out they are claiming he owes them $1600 for repairs that needed to be done to his truck. MInd you he only had it for 2 months!!!! It was 2400 but he had 800 in his maintance account. THEY BRAIN WASH YOU!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE BROKE. Seriously!!! He is with Gordan trucking now and it is so nice to get a pay check every week and all the people he talks to are nice!!!!! PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They charge you $500 to go to class even if you have your license and they give you a $500 bonus. GUESS what you are just getting your money back!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Wait. C. Our. England Advert is actually charging recruits 500 bones for orientation now? I guess that's really some kind of a deposit scheme, which was no doubt brought on by all the orientation drop-outs in the past. Not only do they handcuff you to the company during orientation, but they want to make sure you stay with them long enough after orientation for them to recover orientation costs.

8. browneyes661

browneyes661 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Lancaster, CA
    My hubby did the leasing and they charged him $500 to go to school I believe is what it is for even tho he already had his license. Of course the recuiter did not tell him about this fee. He already paid 1600 to go to school. Then they give you a $500 bonus which in reality is your own money!!!!! This company is full of s***. Not sure if the same goes for company drivers but I am sure it does!!!!!

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    You're preaching to the Pope here, babe. I've known CRE is full of *&#! for over ten years. I used to see their advert 7 days a week, 364 days a year in the Salt Lake Tribune, so I knew to stay far away from them.

10. grandmadebe

grandmadebe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Grandma Debi says remember this too will pass. Sorry to say this is a too typical report based on my experience, virgils experience, and most of our class...... It will soon be over and you will have the opportunity to evaluate your experience. Things are much better when you get to CAT!!! I am still smiling at CR England:yes2557:

Virgil and I did go with the lease. I pray it works!!!

We are in a big white CR England truck it is very pretty and clean. we are headed for Colorado. Virgil and I will share our experience on a thread.

Hang in there....... Stay positive!

Blessings and smiles:biggrin_25517:
    Grandma
    Debi

11. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    God-please bless Grandma Debi and Virgil. Please watch over them and keep them away from any siding salesmen until after they have completed their lease. May they have no breaksdowns, flats, accidents, or any other unfortunate experience that would give the Satanic CR England fallen angels an excuse to with hold their well intentioned and hard earned wages from them. Amen. :biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.