starting US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Anthony09, May 26, 2014.

1. Anthony09

Anthony09 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Rio Grande Valley TX
    Good evening everyone I'm currently working on getting my CDL done at my local community college it's a 200hr course and gonna a be going to orentaion on July 7th looking forward to it will be my first company I would really like to know how things are there with dedicated routes and etc the man draw back I have with them is doing teams for 8 weeks I really hope to get a team mate that's from my area laredo area or the Rio Grande valley let's say if they can't find me a team mate how does all that work out. I'm going there to us xpress with a positive attitude and seeing how it goes any advice with current us xpress drivers how the miles are going solo and in teams for 8 weeks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    Them getting you a teammate out of Laredo shouldn't be a problem at all. We run a lot of freight in and out of there, makes it easier to get you home too!! Cant vouch for the team miles but they keep me running hard. Just have to keep your ETA/PTA updated and let your FM know about any delays as soon as possible. Im always down there so maybe we'll bump into each other one of these days.

4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck, Anthony. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

5. Iceman1984

Iceman1984 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Soooo...how's it going? You still truckin'?

6. Anthony09

Anthony09 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Rio Grande Valley TX
    Iam trucking but not with us xpress I'm with schneider national and loving it here currently gonna be leaving missouri tomorrow

7. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Why did you leave us xpress?

8. Anthony09

Anthony09 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Rio Grande Valley TX
    I never attended us xpress I picked schneider national over us xpress and I like it here getting good miles for only being a rookie getting about 2200 to 2500 a week been running alot of the Midwest area

9. perssy01

perssy01 Bobtail Member

May 27, 2015
    Anthony how's your time off? Are you often in Laredo or are you usually away? My husband just got he's CDL we are doing a deep search on this companies that provide the trainings. I am sort of scared he wont be home much or worst, not being worth the pay for the amount of time he'll be away.

10. Lil C

Lil C Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2015
    If someone would please explain the dedicated and OTR. I would like to know home time, milage, and do they route for you or can we route our selfs.

11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Dedicated: Service a particular customer. Go to the same locations for the most part.

OTR: You service all of the customers USX has.

Hometime: For OTR you get one day off for every week out. Dedicated depends on what they have worked out with the customer.

Milage is better on dedicated.

You can't route yourself.

Puppage Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.