Starting with CRST

Discussion in 'CRST' started by UTall, Mar 11, 2008.

1. fxstb09

fxstb09 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Daytona Beach,Florida
    My fiance is just starting the CRST gig, He has OTR experience but has been off the road for about 6 yrs, went into Machinist and welding, Just no jobs out there in these fields and we had to do something, So What can we expect we have already decided he will only stay through the contract. We were very misled. How are they still operating with all the negative points on them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JST

JST Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Hello:

Can't really say too much about CRST! I know they have not been upgrading their equipment very much, except maybe some of their trailers. Most of the tractors I've been seeing at truck stops are older freightliners.

Have you looked at US Xpress? I was with them for 7 months and only quit do to the hometime issues.

You really have to be careful with any "Training" Truck company. Do your homework and if you can get it in writing (good luck) have them put it in writing what they are offering you.

Good Luck in your career.

JST

4. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Poverty Knob
    ################

5. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Um, you won't see a company driver in any tractor over 3 years old. The older Freightliners you may be seeing are on the lease/purchase side.

6. GreenWeed

GreenWeed Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2011
    free2frog, do you know who to call and find out how much time one has left on a contract with crst, I have over 6 months with them. I like my dispatcher, don't want to hurt his feelings by asking him :) lol. really like the guy, he done us well, but need to quit when contract is up,but now I need to know to find out if it is 8 months from hire or 6 months from hire at orientation. I know it is 8 months from what I read, but didn't now if that included the school you go through then plus the driving. Some on the road I met at truck stops told me it was 6 months from hire at orientation.

7. sonic50

sonic50 Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Alpharetta, Ga
    8. Months from last day of oriantation

8. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Find a co-driver that has the same interests you do.Music, style...you know.:yes2557:

9. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    8 month from date of Hire usually the last day of orientation

10. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Yep 8 months from date of hire...and the last day is the last day you were under a load. So if your 8 months is up on Jan 1...and you pull a load that delivers on Dec. 31 and go on home time...then quit on Jan 2...they will get you.

11. triggertharp

triggertharp Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Missouri
    My girl friend & I are starting with CRST. Went through orientation, now waitinhg for trainer. I don't know what to expect. Does anyone have stories about their trainers?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.