Starting with GirtonLLL....

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Jayhawk4, Aug 26, 2017.

1. trkrjim

trkrjim Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Iowa City, IA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This is from the ad:
    "GirtonLLL Transport is seeking a Class-A CDL Company Tanker Driver who is ready to be named "Best in Class!" It takes NO time to apply and be in one of our trucks."

One new cdl grad that posts on here was offered a job at Girton as a company driver. I know what the website has about "experience required", but many companies bend the rules on that for a high quality applicant.

4. Jayhawk4

Jayhawk4 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    So I started this past Tuesday with orientation all day. They do orientation in mission Kansas (suburb of KC). They put you up in the drury inn, which has a pretty good hot breakfast, happy hour (3 free drinks), and they serve dinner as well. The first day is mainly paperwork and videos. They treat you to a good lunch. The second day is finishing up orientation in the morning and then head north to st Joe Missouri to start training. Tony is the guy who does the orientation and training. He's awesome. Can't say enough good things about him. Training is only really a couple of days for most guys. The first thing is a road test with a loaded smooth bore trailer then they have you practice loading and unloading a chemical trailer/smooth. I'm only training for one day and then going down to Tulsa on Friday to get my truck and trailer. I'm gonna dispatch out on Monday and shadow another guy all week hauling ethanol. So far it seems like a good company. We'll see what the paychecks are like after I get rolling.

Amy5966, cuzzin it, trkrjim and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    someone say "free drinks"?

Bumper Thanks this.
  6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Three no less. Hell of a deal right there!!

7. deafaviator

deafaviator Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Just started orientation with them today as well. Pretty happy with how it's starting out. My first OTR job, so we'll see how it works out.

I second your comments on Tony... he's been awesome!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. oneandonly478

oneandonly478 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Gray,Ga
    I will be starting orientation Monday , I’ll keep you’ll updated on my experience..

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.