Starting with Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by tadollahite, Jan 13, 2011.

1. tadollahite

tadollahite Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Antelope Ca.
    I'am starting with Gordon Jan 18 2011 going down to Modesto Ca.for my orientation. Do you what the first day is like at orientation ? is it just a hole bunch of paper work and a road test ?:Route ID: Thanks Tim

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    You got it right!

tadollahite Thanks this.
  4. tadollahite

Sep 30, 2010
    Antelope Ca.
    Yatista Thanks Can you tell any more then that ? I talk to my trainner today and his was short on word's but i think he was driving. Thanks Tim:biggrin_25511:

5. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Not much more to say. Paper work, movies, drug test, road test. Will probably have pizza for lunch and meet one or more driver managers.

When completed you will meet your trainer or be sent home until your trainer is assigned or available. Then 4 weeks with your trainer. You drive he rides shotgun.

tadollahite Thanks this.
  6. tadollahite

Sep 30, 2010
    Antelope Ca.
    Thanks i have done my drug test back on the 11th of this mounth and i just got off the phone with my trainer. He said he will pick me up in modesto Ca. on the 19th or the 20th and then we are heading for Idaho that's were he live's for his home time. I have to spend 3 day's in the truck at a drop yard that sound's like fun lol. But he said that we will get a lot of the book work out of the way and he will have over to his house's for football and some beer's that will work for me. Thank's Tim

7. bowhunter1768

bowhunter1768 Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Beavercreek,Oh
    they should have a least put you in a motel

tadollahite Thanks this.
  8. tadollahite

Sep 30, 2010
    Antelope Ca.
    Thank Bowhunter The trainer did not say a thing about a motel he just said i had to stay in the truck for 3 day's and right now it is COLD in Idaho that apu be running the hole time i'am in that truck but i will get all my book work out of the way then i can just drive.:biggrin_25523: Thanks Tim

9. bowhunter1768

bowhunter1768 Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Beavercreek,Oh
    Well good luck, I drove for them for 9 months back in '09, most of the time in the midwest. they were'nt that bad of a company, I just could'nt stay out for 2 weeks at a time. stay warm......

tadollahite Thanks this.
  10. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Where at in Idaho, do you know what town/city it's in.

tadollahite Thanks this.
  11. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Kool , 3 days in a drop yard. Whats that mean 3 days no shower and a port a pot to use. Plus your stuck a mile n ahalf from any store most likely. Ya need to talk to some one who might care . Cause it dosen't seem right. Good luck

tadollahite Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.