Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. TaterFox

TaterFox Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    Yes. Wow it's tiny up there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TaterFox

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    I'm wondering if we'll have class tomorrow with this ice storm coming. I hope we don't get delayed. Not scared of a little cold.

4. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Got a message that the Houston terminal is on lock down due to the storm. Trucks can come in but no one can leave till further notice.

I ran out of hours at the Coroapolis yard and man oh man is it a small yard. I now know Scheider likes to save money and have you take the town roads rather than the highway. Drove 48 miles of backroad with this tank through OH to PA to avoid the toll costs it seems. Would only of added 9 more miles to the trip and the terminal is right next to the interstate. Would not have had to make those city turns but it is what it is lol.

TaterFox Thanks this.
  5. Roady87

Roady87 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2017
    In the tanker division you should be aloud to take all toll roads or that's the way it use to be

6. newbietrucker91

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Just saw my settlement for that shorthaul I did. Local drivers be getting paid it seems. Only drove around 30 total miles on it but made $140 off it. Doing peak times where local drivers get 3 loads a day they be making decent money.

7. newbietrucker91

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I am new to the company so don't know all the rules or regulations yet. I have a rand McNally set to fastest route and it likes to stick to the interstate while on the few loads I've done the Qualcomm would have me get off and take the small towns around tolls.

It had me go around tolls in Illinois and when I hit Ohio it then got me on i80/i90 a ways till the PA border then it was back to small towns.

8. Roady87

Roady87 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2017

Check with your STL/team leader and ask if you can take all tolls. It's been a while but the tanker division was different than the regular van division. Not all small towns like hazmat loads just passing through.

9. Roady87

Roady87 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2017
    The small town routes might be shorter miles but you burn more fuel on the stop and go and you burn more of your clock

10. TaterFox

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    Yeah they sent us to the hotel early. It is crappy out there today

11. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    So today is my first day alone I got assigned 7 trailer movements from quala to nalco freeport. Is this okay? I am kind of bothered by this. I understand helping from time to time, but after 31days+ of little money, I have now moved on to make 26$ today Ish? Am I missing something? This effects my 70 and pay, or does everyone have to do this their first day. Is it paying dues? I'm feeling some type of way. Starting on 3 of 7 now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.