Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    You should be getting paid hourly, iirc it was $10/hr for otr drivers to do local work. Check with your dbl, you may have to send in a macro with your time.

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    If you can afford it get 6 months to one year of experience and move on. The money will come.

slim shady and Juanthehumanoid Thank this.
  4. TaterFox

TaterFox Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    Did you ask if you were being compensated for short haul?

5. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    I didn't, my load got cancelled/delayed because the quala was frozen and wasn't gonna get going til about 2 or 3pm. From there he gave me a trailer move 58miles to freeport, I thought it was okay at first because I figured I'd bring something back, better than nothing, but I've been shuffling trailers for about 5 hours now and it's all 0 miles paid between plants and quala, I'm taking a break rn so I'll call after wards. Long day. I hope this doesn't mess with my 70hr because I planned to be out til the fiest of February. Don't really wanna restart or run on recap since this is my first time dealing with it on my own management lol sigh

6. Roady87

Roady87 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2017
    I'd say you are getting shafted today. I wouldn't do anymore than 4 and tell who ever you have to that a local driver can shuttle those trailers. Cause they did eat your clock up on a bunch of pointless moves all just so they don' have to pay the local drivers

7. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    I miscounted I already did 4, it's 8 total. I've used up 9 hours of my 14 so far. Thats how I'm feeling right now. But it is what it is. Gonna do 1 more but I'm gonna let my dbl know I need something else. Oh well thanks for the reply guys

8. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Also, if I recall correctly you said that you’re only 21. Like I said before just get your experience and then after a year you’ll have a lot more opportunities open up and still be young.

9. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Or come to Superior we hire 21 year olds

jlawson1979 Thanks this.
  10. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Thanks, and I am. I have the utmost intent to handle business and stick it through for the experience. I guess it's just one of those days, no biggie. Tomorrow will be better

jlawson1979 Thanks this.
  11. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Tried at some point for Houston in the beginning, they told me that they are currently not taking new grads

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.