Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Yeah man I swear. Over a month know trying to make money, if I had owed some dues to Schneider they are definitely paid lol gosh what a jerk. He was just gonna keep rolling too, he was like "oh this is your tractor? It happens lemme see about maintenance" first thing i did was call claims. By the grace of the higher power my TE from 3 weeks ago was there and he, his new student, and I all witnessed this

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tanker312

Tanker312 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Always google the shipper/customer and call them. Tell them you are delivering tomm or whenever, and ask if its ok to park there for the night. Or in person when you arrive.

Just ask nicely and dont be rude about it. --> "Hey man, if i cant park here after im done unloading, you gonna have to reschedule" lol

Instead "Hey, i was wondering if I can park off to the side after im done? Im running low on hours, and I dont know if im going to make it back. If its not OK, I understand" 99% of the time they will let you park off to the side, EVEN if it against their policy. Being nice about it works for me. I have been parked in NJ alleys, on the boston harbor, all kinds places overnight.

Qualcomm is not up to date. It will say in the remarks section, "No overnight parking", but tons of parking will be available.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  4. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Well woke up at 0420, drove to the scale then to get loaded, but had to wait til my appointment time of 8am. By the time everything was said done I was there from 6:30 to 11:30. Scaled out, but the road and made it to a TA(?) In Slidell Louisiana with 15mins left on my 14

5. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I had a nice fun drive and found out why my Qualcomm did not want to route me down here that way.

I went us-13 straight down from New Jersey to Virginia and for the love of it the Qualcomm kept on wanting me to do a uturn and go back. Right when I was getting close to the water I see a sign for a tunnel coming up and that hazmat and TANKERS are prohibited. With my heart racing I strolled on up to the toll gate and thankfully I was empty since they let me pass. If not I would of had to backtrack 180 so miles and go around the other way.

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  6. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    That sounds scary man. Glad to hear you had a productive day. What all did you do today ?

7. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Went to Virginia to pick up a load and dropped it at the tank wash in New Jersey. Good thing they are trying to get me home since that load headed into New York.

8. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    I never want to go to New York. Scary. I drove to Slidell yesterday from Houston, then today to Covington GA a couple miles from Atlanta. Tried unload a day early but no dice, so I'm sitting at the customer til tomorrow sigh then to quala wash and see what's next

9. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    So I looked at my pay statement I apparently have 36 dollars to look forward to on Friday lmao

TaterFox Thanks this.
  10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Juan,

I gotta say...your positive attitude is refreshing Right kind of attitude to have, better then that whole "the world owes me something" attitude a lot of folks have.

Keep it up. Way to much negativity in the world.

Sirscrapntruckalot - I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  11. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Thanks man, life is always gonna throw wrenches at you. Apparently alot, but like the helmet lettering of the head osr at the Houston terminal said "it is what it is". The scariest part of trucking for me rn is knowing I have a 6 month old daughter and my girlfriend back home waiting on me. Miss them more than anything lol but we'll figure it out

TaterFox and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.