Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Tanker312

Tanker312 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Anywhere in houston or midessa is a good bet. Tankers on every corner.

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    I plan on staying in Houston, lot of different companies I see here everyday when I head back home on the Northside of town. Have a couple in mind already but we'll see, the main one I like requires me to be 23, so I'll be here a decent while.

4. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Cent pay, per diem is ok but you lose money. Keep all your cpm pay and raise your number of federal withholding number, like put a 4 If single and it’s same as per diem at end year, your checks are bigger every week but you won’t get a lot back at end year

5. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Have not done a road test yet. My training schedule is going to be weird. Instead of doing what day 2 people do I'm going to skip straight to day 5 and pump unload with you guys for Friday and Saturday.

6. singsbadlywhiledriving

singsbadlywhiledriving Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2017
    When I started training in Coraopolis roughly 5 years ago training was 2 weeks total. I never heard they extended it tho. I will agree with others though get your year and get out. I enjoyed the training and it was well done back then but working for them was an experience. I'll leave it there. Stay away from Nalco paper mill accounts

7. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Yeah we learned about nalco, when you say that, does that mean it's a pain in the butt or? And yeah so far I dig the training, I don't know about driving or pay yet, still going through these motions, concerned with not failing rn lol. Have you heard anything of penhall concrete company btw? Just asking, thanks

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  8. singsbadlywhiledriving

Dec 15, 2017
    It is/was a supreme pain. I drove nothing but 3-4 hole tanks with different acids/caustics sometimes going one place sometimes split to different locations. Often poorly planned by dispatch. Usually had 10-15 hoses on truck and trailer to deal with the multiple products. Also some of the places I went where complete pits with chemicals left on the ground and fumes bad enough you need a respirator. At the time you had to call Nalco to get permission to unload while you were on site. Which came with all of its own problems.

9. singsbadlywhiledriving

Dec 15, 2017
    I haven't heard of that concrete company nope

10. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Day 5. We did unloading mock chemicals. The whole day. My over weight self definitely broke a sweat today. Alot of stuff to learn if you'e never done it, but follow your steps, take your time and be focused. You'l get it by your second time pretty much. If you don't, watch everyone before you and pay attention/help them out and it'l hit you quick. Either way, you get all day to figure that out, literally. Cool day. Anyone recommend good hazmat gloves or whatever they're called? Thanks

11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Yah that was fun. My teammate however loved giving our instructor a hard time. He just loved taking his time and doing things out of order just for the fun of it. She literally said not to hook the pipes out of order right when it was his turn. What he do...began hooking everything out of order. Got in the truck and began playing with the selector for a bit and then turning on and raising the speed of the pump without even opening any of the valves.

Still managed to learn something through all that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.