Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    Legally, "On-duty time includes: All time at a plant, terminal, facility, or other property of a motor carrier or shipper, or on any public property, waiting to be dispatched, unless the driver has been relieved from duty by the motor carrier." And, "All work for a motor carrier, whether compensated or not, must be recorded as on-duty time."
    So technically, since loading is "work for a motor carrier" it is on duty time, which means you are not "allowed" to log it off duty.
    Is the layover time worth it? If they don't put a loading time on the bills, no one has a way of proving what time you actually started. Draw your own conclusions, I won't tell you to violate hours of service, but I probably would do it, and almost every one else would too.

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Yeah that' how i pretty much see it, feel about it, and am gonna do about it lol

4. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Well spending the day chicago quala and walked into the near by hood. Apparently something called roseland/putman. Pretty much everything was closed and seemed sketch so i took am uber back after eating. Odd day

5. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    That's not an area to be out and about in, Don't care what color you are.
    Roseland and Pullman are the neighborhoods

htopper and Juanthehumanoid Thank this.
  6. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    There you go. Boarded up houses. Few businesses etc kind of reminded of 3rd ward from where im from in houston or maybe a residental version of the neighboorhod i went through most of grade school in. Tough stuff lol ate ay pepes mexican joint

7. slim shady

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Pepes is good food. That used to be a really nice area. Pullman neighborhood was built by George Pullman as in the rail car tycoon, He built that whole area for his workers, Banks, schools, stores and housing

8. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    That must have been a rich man. Cool history saw alot of churches there aswell.

9. slim shady

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    There's a Gentleman's club right in front of the Quala. Or there was

10. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    My wife is from Southside Chicago. Whenever tacos are mentioned she tells me how great Pepes tacos are.

11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Been awhile but I'm alive. I'm now officially Nalco certified but the same bad trend has been happening here at Schneider. For instance load I was on was simple, go 12 miles from the Houston OC to get loaded and deliver in to a refinery next to the Reserve OC. However it was everything but simple. Appt time was set for 3pm but the shipper told me the appt time for the load was for 8pm and that I can drop my trailer and get it when it is done. Well 8pm comes around and product is still not ready and no eta. After telling night dispatch this load is removed from me. Something so simple yet so difficult.

On another note I ran into a lot of unhappy choice drivers in the lounge. Around 5 guys were turning their trucks in do to issues with Schneider. The main issur is just them removing loads from them and giving them to company drivers and the 2nd Is like what I dealt with. Work info not being correct and having to call to get issues resolved.

Anyway home time is just a few days away. Since they brought me to Houston a week ahead of schedule for training all the loads I can possible do are local or short haul loads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.