Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    I don' think i would ever consider schneider choice or leasing from a company a truck. I could maybe see being a true owner op, but that othe stuff just sounds like crazy talk. I could never attempt that. Sucks. I made okay money this last time out can't complain. But tomorrow im on the road again and its 3 trailer moves and 2 loaded trailer drops all in the same area. I am 100 percent not feeling that at all. Hopefully it changes or ill have to see about changing it. Don't wanna start my week off with 2days of messing around. Good to see you'e alive. I am hanging in there myself

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PostmanMJC

PostmanMJC Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks guys for all the info. Spent the better part of a day and a half reading this whole thread. Gives us a great look into the D2D of a new trainee and driver for tanker div w/ Schneider. Made the decision process a little clearer. Good luck to everyone and stay safe out there.

newbietrucker91 Thanks this.
  4. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Welcome to the team!

PostmanMJC Thanks this.
  5. Foxzell

Foxzell Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Georgia Coast
    PostmanMJC Thanks this.
  6. lovetwodrive

lovetwodrive Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    I think Juan left Schneider Bulk. No sign of him on the road or on this site. Money does fluctuate on a weekly basis for sure, especially if you are a newbie as you tend to get more trailer moves/intermodal stuff and shorter runs. Just gotta keep your head down and hang in there.

Juanthehumanoid and Foxzell Thank this.
  7. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    the factory! and they have a cheerleader training facility right next door they can recruit from.

8. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    know of any full freelance owner ops that switched from flatbed to tanker? from what i gather there are flatbed load everywhere, all the time, always, high paying and ready to move. with tanker you pretty much have to be dedicated or leased on to someone i think.

9. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    LMAO. company flatbed. securing loads is not something i would ever want to be forced to rush. i bet it would be a lot easier once you know exactly what you're picking up, and have experience in exactly what needs to be done to secure it. but 4 or 5 hours just to secure a load? is that 4 or 5 hours of actual work, or 2 hours of work aggravated by 3 hours of fighting the elements and/or load adjustment? the longest unload i ever have to do is maybe 6 hours, and that's a 3 compartment going in 3 different tanks in 3 different areas of a facility. and that's pretty rare, maybe once in a couple months now.

10. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    bingo!

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I know of three former flatbed OOs who went to tanker. You're right about having to have good connections. Two of them are the only trucks on a dedicated haul working directly for the shipper. The other one is the prime carrier for his uncle who owns a fuel distribution company. They all work five days a week, daylight hours mostly, and they've all bought new trucks since switching to tankers.
    All three are doing pretty good financially.
    Flatbed work can be sporadic and the rates can go up and down like a yoyo. Right now rates are up. This time next year...who knows?

shatteredsquare Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.