Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Tanker312

Tanker312 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Fratsit and Juanthehumanoid Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  4. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I will be heading home tomorrow till Tuesday. All that is left is for me to do a road test and take the Schneider hazmat certification test.

When I come back I'll be reporting to the main bulk terminal in Houston.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  5. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Goodluck, safe travels, and merry Christmas

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  6. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    In other news, today was day 9? Day 9. We spent the day learning how to couple and uncouple, the Schneider way. Which was cool, a little long, but cool because it's extensive. Asides from that, if you weren't coupling you were driving a 3500 gallon of tap water filled tanker. Pretty cool, I think it was a test of sorts, not exactly sure. It was awesome. Scary the first few gears, but I got the hang of it. The surge is real, but it's not gonna throw you through an intersection or cause you to forget how to drive. Just be mindful and cautious. I got docked 9 points. 6 down shift, 2 upshift, and 1 set up. Teacher says it was my worst day shifting. I agree, but that's okay, I encountered trains and a few little hills/button turns/ construction. Didn't hit any curbs though. Instructor basically just told me where to go from what I can remember, didn't need any help out of the 2 or 3 situations I got myself into. All in all I was pretty proud and happy of myself. Very happy with the training I've received thus far and am happy to be here.

WannaGoTrucks2016 and scythe08 Thank this.
  7. TaterFox

TaterFox Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    Been enjoying the read, I'm looking at returning to Pumpkin, but finally putting my tanker endorsement to use. I don't want to hijack the thread, but if you get the chance I'd love to ask you some questions in regards to the whole process your laying out.

Juanthehumanoid Thanks this.
  8. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    No problem, ask away I'll answer when I can

TaterFox Thanks this.
  9. TaterFox

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    I don't know if you can say anything, but is the orientation pay livable? Got a wife and child to tend to. Also, would you say this work is less strenuous than say flatbed? (If you have any experience dealing with that?)

10. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    I'v never done flatbed tbh. But, @newbietrucker91 has. He says flatbed work is harder. It' only 80 a day, 7days a week. You'l be here like 2ish weeks. So approximately 1,120 for 2 weeks. They hold your first week so you get paid th3 second week. I get paid in 2days. I'l let you know if its 1weeks pay or 2 in the check. I have a soon to be wife and a 5 month old. It is hard if you have no money/credit to push you to that training check. If I can do it, you can do it. Snbc is a whole other division than van division. I can't tell you if coming back will be the best decision, but I will tell you that it is definitely not a bad one

newbietrucker91 and TaterFox Thank this.
  11. TaterFox

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    It's like your Johnny Carson....you answered most of what I had in store, lol.

Yeah, I'd make a way to last the first week, as I'm literally broke as a joke, have been for over a year and unemployed due to medical. Hoping this next year will be a different chapter. They provide just lunch, right? Planning ahead. :D I can

I guess I should state what happened; I had two discs slip while working on a flatbed load, ended up without a job but eventually got the surgery done, eagerly awaiting the removal of restrictions so I can resume my life. It's just been pretty trying, and part of me feels my "play hard, work even harder" outlook on, well, work, is what landed me in this shape, so figured tanker would be a happy medium between flatbed and dryvan. I use to run out of the Atlanta yard, was a trainer under Gary, had no complaints. Just not sure if I'd consider dryvan again. Thank you for all the insight so far, if there's anything you'd think would be useful, I'm all ears. (Aside from all the useful info you've already indulged me with)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.