Starting with Werner on Monday

Discussion in 'Werner' started by BigDD, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Smith-n-Solomon-student

Smith-n-Solomon-student Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Berlin,NJ
    Try Harris Steel in Camden. I saw a "hiring" sign out there.
    Waste Management is also there. Try them too.

No, he's not hiring anybody else. I was with the bro for 15 years framing, so when I got my license he said something to him. He's just a small time excavator. But lately I've been hauling recyclables, (crushed glass/paper) out of Camden to Columbus and Swedesboro. Sand and stone when he's doing septics. 295 and 76 are the routes I'm on usually. I drive a 2004 Sterling Tri-Axle with a 375 Mercedes in it. Automatic, which I hate. Much rather have the 10 speed or something. But it's cool. Beats banging nails!!
    Jim and Alicia split up.:biggrin_2553:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slingblade07

slingblade07 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Commerce, GA
    Not sure, they contacted me pretty quickly, but I do know they have one opening. :biggrin_25525:

4. LimpyLegs

LimpyLegs Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Midland,VA
    I was just trying to find a closer orientation date.TransAm told me the closest thing they had was February 4th so I just chose werner so I could get my #$$ moving on the 28th.And I'll probably wind up doing the very unpopular "team" driving for the first year or so until the economy picks up.I'll cya out there.

5. BigDD

BigDD Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Sicklerville, NJ
    Thnaks for the info. Good luck with the Alicia thing. :yes2557:

6. EBEC

EBEC Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Werner drivers......
    How have you faired???
    I'm not sure yet how I have faired.....
    Finished team training driving.
    Now, nothing.....

This standard or something?
    I need to work.

7. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC

Are you staying out with the trainer or going home? If you've been reading here at ALL you should have expected this. I don't think there is a single testimony here of anyone who went home getting a truck, they all were told they had "quit" after 30 days and DACked accordingly.

8. Viking84

Viking84 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Valdosta Georgia

I am scheduled to attend Werner orientation on Feb 4th.

After the 9 weeks of training, will Werner allow you to stay out with your trainer collecting a paycheck until a truck becomes available?
    Even if I have to stay out with a trainer at $350 a week for the next 6 months, that is better than being unemployed.

9. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas

Are you at Val Tech? Is Mike still there or did Jerry take over? Crete carrier take students from Val-Tech. Have you tried them?

10. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC

Yes, they'll let you stay out with the trainer at that rate for the rest of your natural life if you want.

11. Viking84

Viking84 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Valdosta Georgia

Yes,At Val Tech. Mike is still head instructor and telling his overly exxagerated stories. Jerry is also still there.
    Scheduled to graduate on Jan 29th. Jerry will be my road tester on Jan 27th.

I contacted Crete after an old Val Tech grad stopped in to visit Mike. She was driving for Crete and spoke very highly of them. But when I called them,the recruiter told me they are not hiring out of Georgia at this time.

Right now,after appling to over 20 companies,Werner is the only one that has me scheduled for orientation. I am also pending approval at TA, but would have to go into their lease program.

I just applied to ROEHL as well, and will call them later today to verify that they have my application.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.