States that allow electronic copies of permits

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by Oscar the KW, Feb 4, 2014.

1. SeanLyman

SeanLyman Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Connecticut and Massachusetts accept electronic copies. Pennsylvania and New York still require driver to have a "signed" copy. Pennsylvania also requires a urban area map. Pennsylvania wants a serial number for load on permit too if hauling construction and/or forestry machinery. Massachusetts requires EZ-Pass for any travel on turnpike.

booley Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dirty-Low-Walker Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    New Jersey accepts paper duplicate only, the last time i checked was mid November 2017

4. Landincoldfire

Landincoldfire Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    New Holland, Pa
    Went into the west bound Brownsville scale on 40. Some dude that just crossed the scale with a wide load was trying to figure out how to get behind the scale to show his permits. Me doing it the proper way, met them in back. Along with the trooper who his chewing his butt for not only coming in the wrong way. But trying to show the trooper his permits on his phone.

Pathetic.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Why pathetic?
    I have never been to that scale with a legal load or oversize. Not all scales handle oversize in the same manner.

Oh I see, you meant the way the trooper was chewing the other drivers backside for not coming in the proper way?
    Or was it for him using his phone to show his permit?

6. Landincoldfire

Landincoldfire Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    New Holland, Pa
    Sorry, guess i should of be more direct.

The trooper was complaining how hard it was to read the permit on the drivers phone. Add the fact that the driver couldnt sign the permit. I get that scale procedure is different from one to another.

xsetra Thanks this.
  7. ETMF 58 White

ETMF 58 White Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Arkansas says it’s okay if your iPad screen is 7 inches or something like that. But I’ve had the white SUV guys look at my smaller (6 inch?) iPad on three different occasions last couple years and not complain. My new iPad is 10 inches and it’s great.
    Louisiana must be okay with it because a guy ahead of me at the scale recently just handed the officer his phone. I had printed mine just in case.

cke and Landincoldfire Thank this.
  8. SeanLyman

SeanLyman Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Vermont was okay with seeing it on my phone this past summer

cke and Landincoldfire Thank this.
  9. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    We have annual permits for Texas and I’ve always had mine on my iPhone ,it’s been looked at four or five times in the last 12 months no problems .

cke and Oxbow Thank this.
  10. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Oxbow Thanks this.
  11. brianv31

brianv31 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2010
    IL I-74 mile 149
    The gray areas in this industry are plentiful. I just called KY OSOW office this morning to confirm, and their response was that the permit needs to be printed. Not signed, but necessary to print it on paper.

booley Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.