Stay away from ROEHL!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Clipping1, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Clipping1

Clipping1 Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2011
    What ever you drivers do, stay away from Roehl, they are one of the worst companies to work for, all their promises are nothing but lies, watch your paychecks, they constantly try to jip you out of your pay. They treat their employees like crap, they tell everyone that they are replaceable, their turnover rate is like 100% and they will send you out and leave you hanging with no back haul, whatever you do stay away, a company like this should be taught a lesson and learn to value employees, they treat their drivers like garbage!!! On top of all that they put cameras in your trucks to watch you!! Does that sound wonderful or what??

andre, J_FROG, Drac1985 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    WOW Thanks for the Info. Glad I'm happy with Schneider, Hope it works out for you or your Hubby.

buddy_bill Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That's the problem with the WWW, any monkey with 2 fingers can get upset over some little thing or had wild expectations and can string together a few semi-coherent words in an attempt to make a company look bad. And if that's not enough, he thinks he can test our intelligence and we will ALL take HIS word for it that Company A is as bad as they come and everyone who is working there (happily or otherwise, makes no difference) is supposed to leave the company or suffer the wrath of the company's policies because clipping1 is having a bad day. One thing is for certain, I will be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for word from clipping1 on who is the BEST company for all to flock to because he certainly appears to be the authority on ranking OTR carrier jobs.

Honch, seebell6203, misterG and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Last time I spoke with Roehl, they had a 68% turnover. Not 100%.
    That's actually lower than industry average.

:biggrin_25526:

Statistically, out of every 100 new drivers that start each year - only 2 are still working at the 1yr mark.

98% left the industry....

6. notezbngrn71

notezbngrn71 Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    I work for Roehl and have experienced none of what you posted. Sorry, but I call ########!

UGA79, cheflee, cdreid and 6 others Thank this.
  7. notezbngrn71

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    In addition, this OP has posted one thing and is listed as a trucker wife.

DrtyDiesel, cdreid and reptij Thank this.
  8. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL

Thank you!!! I'm hired on with Roehl, I'm set up for orientation on the 31st. I hate when people post things like the OP did and we're just supposed to believe it. I highly doubt they put cameras in the trucks, thats some out of this world crazy BS. Why would they put cameras in the trucks?

Even if they did, if the cameras look out of your windshield to keep up with your following distance and ect. then I have no problem with that. I've spoken with three company drivers from Roehl and one Owner Operator that is leased on with them. They haven't had one bad thing to say about them at all, period. I believe Roehl isn't as bad as the OP would like us to believe.

9. notezbngrn71

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    They do not put cameras in the trucks. They do however employ a nationwide company to film drivers on the road from time to time. They aren't alone in that practice. Drive safe and you have nothing to worry about.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  10. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    I drove for Roehl for about 2yrs and have posted my experience with them in other forums. I can not recommend them. They are par for the course with mid to large size carriers. You are a truck number. Get over that and maybe it will work for you. As for the turnover rate, I doubt I'd be boasting about 68%. Saying its less than the industry average is damning with faint praise and points to the endemic flaws with this industry that treats drivers like garbage in general.

11. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL

See, I wouldn't mind that at all.

I plan on Working for Roehl for a year or tow then I want to buy my own truck and move to Schneider, Landstar, or just move to the O/O division of Roehl as an O/O.

Mattchu Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.