Stay away from Roehl

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by joeh920, Jul 6, 2012.

1. joeh920

joeh920 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I have worked for Roehl for four months now. It was great at first. They promised new trucks after 450,000 miles. My truck has 689,500 miles and I have talked to other drivers who have over 700,000 thousand . So this rumor about them getting new ones after 700,000 is bs. At first with a training fleet manager. When your driving on your own. You get great miles. 2000/2600. Now after to months. They assign you a fleet manager near your home. Unfortunatly my terminal is ellenwood GA. Which is a joke. Most of the time they won't anwser the phones to take your calls. And you get crappy short loads. You will be lucky if you average 1600 miles. My pay last week was $ 400. I had a 90 mile run yesterday and made $50. That's all. They said they where short on loads because of the holiday , but that was two days ago. I have talked to fleet manager , ( when they anwser the phone) and I have talked to the terminal manager. NO ONE CARES! So DON'T believe everything the recruiter tells you . There job is to get you to sign up. And I am still sitting here waiting for a load. I gave Roehl many chances and tried to talk to people , but again no one cares. I will be going to another company soon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    AMEN BROTHER!!...

I deserve a kick in the teeth. As a veteran driver I was sucked in by the 7/7 fleet. Finding not enough money to be made there...only to go national and 3 out of the last 5 weeks I haven't even got 2000 miles. I'm on avg to only earn $42k this year. Bull Crap! I'll drive a dump truck local and be home every night for that money.

I just came off home time...and put my notice in. F/U Roehl.

4. Tennessee Trucker

Tennessee Trucker Heavy Load Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Winchester,Tn.
    you really wanna get screwed get on their reefer division, If you are an experienced driver they treat you like garbage, like you don't even know how to start the truck!

5. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    Alright...I used to drive for Roehl...I worked the Van division first.....miles were good...but started dropping off......and started getting quite a few crap loads.....so I switched to reefer....the pay was more per mile...but they could not figure out how to run reefers right and treated me like I was some fresh out of school driver that can't run over 500 a day....it sucked having to call in just to get a washout when needed and had to play 20 questions everytime....they have no clue on how reefers are supposed to run....and the miles on reefer division...ohhh they sucked balls...I struggled to get 2200/wk...
    I will say this though...while I worked there I had 3 trucks...first one was sold when I picked it up...second one only had 420k on the ticker when I got her...and she was a good truck...no major issues...until she blew the turbo to shreds and ruined the cylinders...then I got a brand NEW with 34 miles on the ticker cascadia....oh man she was a nice truck...only problem is the EPU never worked...and it spent 3 days at freightliner to get fixed and it never did...it got the auto shut off turned off so I could idle to stay cool anyway....overall I would say Roehl treated me good...the last week was a lot of BS......and I work for an awesome carrier right now...

6. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    In addition......I think Roehl is a great company for those that need somewhere to start their career...but once you have experience your holding yourself back by staying....Roehl doesn't really want experienced drivers...they cost too much to run...what they really want are NOOBS...cause they can run the hell out of them (I should know I started with Roehl)......but if your having problems with your FM (especially ellenwood) talk to someone in Marshfield....they can get the problem resolved....they have lots of issues with dispatch in ellenwood for some odd reason...

DirkSteel Thanks this.
  7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    funny i saw an ad where a guy had been running 34 years with roehl and has put in over 4 million miles and is super happy there

sly1 Thanks this.
  8. Tennessee Trucker

Tennessee Trucker Heavy Load Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Winchester,Tn.
    Yep sounds just like my experience, and they had van dispatchers telling you how to run a reefer, you would think they would have a dedicated reefer board, they also only had 2 reefer accounts when I was there and if once you got out of Wisconsin god help ya on the broker loads, So maybe it just wasn't me LOL

9. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    Funny there are going to be guys that love Roehl & guys who did at 1st, then a different perspective began to reveal itself. So you maybe understand, I think this thread is about those that have been having a poor experience.

Mic your spot on, Ellenwood is F/uped. I as well was issued 3 different trucks. Brand new, 700,000+ and my last one I got at 595k now its at 625k. I also changed FM. The guy I have now is a great guy, very professional, respectful & courteous. It seems his hands are always tied due to planners. Weekend or night fill-in FM have always, now follow this Rugerfan, IN MY OPINION, always have sucked and put on the aire they do not give a #### about you.

10. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    Roehl's Reefer division is its own special company...all my pay stubs would say Roehl refrigerated......... they had their own people but none of them seemed to have Reefer expierience...they only had 5 or 6 dispatchers for the whole division.....the accounts they had were very few...but more than 2.....but there were never a whole lot of miles....in fact a lot of the reefer trailers they had sat empty in marshfield....brand new with no where to go......

I was a cheerleader at first for Roehl...I liked them....I still do in some sense...I was usually treated fair...I had a great dispatcher after training...but then she got fired (for what I do not know) and then I got a guy out of Marshfield...then when I switched to reefers I got another guy out of Marshfield...both were ok...the reefer guy though...left something to be desired......but when I started looking around I found that Roehl was not the best deal I could find...and I moved on...

I really really hated dealing with night and weekend dispatch....(I twice had them kill a 34 hour reset once because a load HAD to be picked up right away.....got to the shipper and sat for 16 hours.....the second time I was in Oak Creek and a Load just had to be delivered...I picked it up at the DY and delivered it 10 miles away...then sat the rest of the day at the loves....I was pissed)...

11. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    7/7 must have changed in the few years since I ran it with Roehl. I averaged $1200 for the week out which was pretty good in my opinion. I left for other reasons, the money sure was not it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.