Stay away from western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Davegg, Jul 27, 2020.

1. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Never understand this lower pay is ok as long as they give you more work attitude.
    600 miles at .40 is $240
    480 miles at .50 is $240
    That's 120 mile difference for the same pay. That leaves you in the position that if you don't have long runs every day you might as well get 2 local fastfood jobs and stay home. You'd make about the same.

Elg1968 and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Western Express doesn't have a monopoly on miles. This is typical ######## that the super new people get fed by people that either drank the Kool aid at their company or recruiters. That said, if Western Express is the only ####hole he can get into Id suggest he make the best of it while doing everything possible to move on.

Elg1968 Thanks this.
  4. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Everybody on here always says that insurance companies don't but some do . You know USIS merged with hireright/dac so it's not uncommon for them to check Mvr,dac and credit history

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Well your logic is flawed. Either way you made 240 dollars in one day. What fast food job is paying you that in one day? Even if you work 2 of those jobs, you still may not even make a 100 dollars. Often times you dont get 40 hrs per week working fast food. I am going to need you to think before you post lol

6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    What company has a monopoly on miles? All I can do is share my experience there, and it was pretty good. Are they the best company I've worked for? Not by a longshot. Are they the worst? Not by a longshot. My trainer told me trucking is what you make of it and I find that to be true. Too many inexperienced drivers want to go right into the big money without putting in any time. I am not saying he should make a career out of driving for Western Express. He has a job so he should work and try to keep a clean record. Over time, opportunities will open up. One has to be patient in this industry. He can make a living there. A driver can make a living at pretty much any reputable company. A lack of patience however, will make a driver walk away from the industry altogether.

dunchues, nredfor88, Opus and 4 others Thank this.
  7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    So you'd rather drive 600mi/day for $240 than 480mi/day for $240.

Would you also rather smack yourself 10x's for $10 instead of 1x for $10? Cause you seem to enjoy abuse.

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I'd rather drive 600 miles at 35 cpm than no miles whatsoever.

Just like I'd rather eat McDonalds than go hungry. There are usually better options, but sometimes you do what you have to today so you can do what you want to tomorrow.

9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Exactly. And ... what's ONE year, getting a foothold in the industry, and PROVING your worth, as didn't happen at May?!?!?!

Look at @otterinthewater , for example. He worked for WE for awhile, became a trainer, doing even BETTER, and now works for a well respected O/O, and may be even getting his OWN truck soon.

It's a starting point, O/P. Deal with it.

10. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You missed the point. Who wouldn't take the $240 running 480 miles? That's a no brainer. You're so ready to talk trash you that either misread or didn't finish reading what I was posting. The other member says you can make $240 in one day working fast food. That's complete fiction. Too many of yall keep saying working in fast food pays better; no it does not and it's not even close. The point I am making is that the OP has a trucking job, and he clearly has a little baggage. What choice does he have? Even @Chinatown was borderline out of answers. Fact is, you cant fuss about less than stellar pay per mile if you have baggage. Working at Western ain't any more or any less abusive than any other company I've worked for. These companies are pretty much the same in terms of basic job function. It's a company to get your foot in the door, or a company to clean up your past with. I'm not sure what the OP or anyone else thinks but if you have baggage, you better be fortunate enough to get something. Take it from me, been there

Elg1968, Opus, Long FLD and 3 others Thank this.
  11. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I based my response off your statement that lots of miles are good. They're not. It sucks to run a lot of miles for good money. It sucks even more to run a lot of miles for no money.

The miles game is a sham. Always has been.

tommymonza, Dale thompson and snowwy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.