Stay Away!

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by LaPurr, Mar 30, 2007.

1. jimnfor

jimnfor Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    sherman, tx
    hey knightbringer, i have been pretty much everywhere west of the I35 corridor in TX. ive been to Miami, Detroit, Oklahoma, Dallas, Washington DC. Havent really been on a regular pattern. Not yet anyways.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    Glad things are working out for you. This forum scared me off so I chose to take a path seemingly less traveled. I think the thing that finally did was my recruiter said she was waiting on my mvr to come back, but "If you say its clean I can go ahead and schedule you to come to orientation." Which is cool, I guess, I haven't had a ticket in 5 years, but as before, I have to take an automated survey. Then I am transfered to the scheuduling department. I had a flashback to my Werner days and realized I didn't want to be with a company that big. I know USX owns most of Arnold, but after talking to recruiters and drivers alike, I gave em a shot.

I guess it is what you make of it and I wish you many safe miles.

4. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    The Arnold drivers I have spoke to so far are mainly complaining about driving USX equipment, and that they have messed with the home time some. But other than that, they really havent layed their corperate hands to much into the company. So it might be a good thing to try for now, just keep an eye on the writing on the wall, cause it could turn other ways sooner or later..

The plant I work at up in St Louis has banned USX from even coming on the property, but arnold still comes in. They have 2-5 trailers on the property at all times, and so far, we havent had a issue with them yet. The drivers always seemed freindly.

5. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    Thanks La Purr that makes me feel a little better about my decision.

6. Jazzman

Jazzman Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2004
    They come off like a decent company until you are dealing with them up front. They are lousy. They don't go out of their way to please drivers...and yet so many of you keep going to this "pit o hell". I know its those big shiny trucks and that automatic trans that sets you off. After a few rounds of not getting home and not making money don't you even begin to get the message. They make it quite clear that they only want to use you until you just can't take it anymore. My ex and I teamed for them a few years back. Shiny late model Volvo was not worth being in just to starve. Hey I think I just come up with some lyrics for country song:

Me and my baby are starving in our late model volvo
    with automatic on the steer shaft.
    Ain't seen home since we hired on to US Express
    and they could care less.

Don't have the money to pay for our home in the Carolinas
    that we will seldom see
    US Express is screwin her and screwin me!

7. jerryl

jerryl Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Don't quit your day job! LOL

8. VegasRoadDawg

VegasRoadDawg Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Henderson, Nevada
    Jazzman, if you're teaming with your wife, how is it that your not making any money off the truck? Are you leaseing the truck? I team with another guy and we run from Cali to NY and back. My weekly checks are pretty good...they certainly won't put me in the poor house. We're dispatched out of the Colton Cali terminal and are always under a load.

VegasRoadDawg

9. cowchain

cowchain Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2008
    newton nc
    you said it all ref U S EXPRESS been there done that. Stay away from all those lies. Breakdown is a joke. Sitting around every weekend, no miles, all lies. Stay the H_ _ _ away from U S EXPRESS. I promise you you will regret it.

10. Bamf

Bamf Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    fairfield, OH
    Ive been with usx for quite a few months now and i really cant complain. If you do your trip planning right and you know how to talk to your FM you'd probably never sit around very much unless you wanted to or are a complete idiot. There is rarely a weekend that i sit around. Obviously the company aint that bad if its growing at the rate it is and have so many million milers. Just remember that all the people you see complaining on these posts aren't even 1% of the drivers at usx. :biggrin_25525:

venne and Belton Bandit Thank this.
  11. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Give it some time Bamf. You are currently in the phase of underpaid, new driver. So they will run your tail off, cause you make them more money than a driver with 5 years exp. Once you get thru a few dispatchers, and rack up some time with the company for their raises (what a joke that is), you will see man.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.