Stay Away!

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by LaPurr, Mar 30, 2007.

1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    More or less, I suppose.
    Depends on the Big truck truck driver.

Even worse are those who THINK they're fart smellers, ..... uhhhhh, .... that is
    smart fellers.
    :biggrin_25523:
    You're correct.
    That is a "simple" idea, and much less complex than having opposing fingers, -- called 'thumbs' -- giving us dominion over the beasts.

And with those thumbs, some folks say we're creating global warming.
    Another better thang we've developed.
    I hear.

Good luck on your career whereEVER you go. :yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moonshadow

moonshadow Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Denver

Seems that I have hit a nerve...perhaps less typing and more driving is in order there???

4. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    OucH!
    Which nerve did you hit, and were you aiming?
    Was it preventable?

As for less typing and more driving being in order, there or here, --- I suppose that all depends on where y'all are --- and where y'all wanna be.
    Ya reckon. :yes2557:

5. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Dang it man I guess your going to need nerve pills now:biggrin_2559:Autos do have good points for one legged drivers:yes2557:I like lots of gears makes the jake with straights sound better.:biggrin_2559:Soon they will have eletric powered trucks for OTR just plug it in a go truckin No gears to grind no straight pipes to pi-- people off.No diesel to buy.Just turn on the auto pilot and hit the sleeper man what a life every one will want to be a BIG TRUCK TRUCKER then.

6. moonshadow

Mar 29, 2008
    Denver
    I think this forum is one of the best tools drivers, both new and old, have. The information within the threads, when filtered somewhat, can give a great picture of a company, truckstop, shipper, or issue.

The only concern I have is why does it seem that the more posts you make, (2000+) the more bitter about EVERTYTHING, you become. Is it because you spend all day typing instead of driving. Just a thought!

For the rest of the contributors, my hat is off to you. :biggrin_2552:

7. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    If you think the somewhat filtered information can give great pictures, you oughta try the unadulterated, unsweetened, UNfiltered information that comes as an option for those inclined to appreciate thangs like that.

It's a tad more realistic, but it has a pleasant bouquet none the less -- and doesn't leave an AfterTaste,Time AfterTime or AfterThought AnyTime.
    It may not contain any pictures to illustrate a point, but, if y'all have a vivid imagination, it's pretty easy to see the points right on top of your head.

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words.
    They say.
    But I prefer words. :evil3:

You're "concerned"?
    And you only have ONE concern? :smt017
    Hmmmmmmmm
    Very interesting.

I'm goin' out on a limb here, MoonShadow, by assuming you're making reference to me in your comments and question(s). :smt102

.>snip< "Why? .... " >snip<...."......The more bitter about EVERYTHING, you become", (?) ...... asks fellow poster, MoonShadow
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Odd.
    I don't feel bitter.
    In fact I feel pretty dad-burned good.
    Ain't that strange?

WaiT A minute!! :smt115

Know what I think is happenin' here?
    I think it might be the way YOU'RE reading my posts. Is it possible you're reading YOUR feelins' into MY posts, ..... instead of MY feelins' out of my posts?
    That could make all the difference right there.
    Ya reckon. :yes2557:

'Cause, I'm here to tell y'all, I didn't write them bitter or bitterly.
    :biggrin_25512:
    NaW ----- I drive 4,800 miles a week, including sitting around -- and I spent a whole week in Ohio one day. I keep runnin' hard -- collectin' mile-markers so I'll have sumthin' to show for my many years of driving when I finally give up tryin'.

I've driven SO many years and SO many miles ---- that I can drive while asleep without a single problem. Do it all the time.
    And I can easily type my many, long-winded, informative posts while I'm ON DUTY DRIVING and watching the world go by as I digress. -- Sure makes it easier to fit all of everythang into the same day when I can do two jobs/thangs at once........
    ....... And, sumtimes three thangs, all at once, -- like, ---- if I'm yackin' on a cell phone, drivin' and typin' posts --- all at the same time, I figure I ain't wastin' no time at that time so I should arrive on time, any time now.

You see, .............................

When you've reached SuperDuperTrucker status, --- you'll probably be doin' that too.
    Or at least tryin'.
    If y'all ain't already (tryin').
    But, until such time, ----- take notes for the time being for future reference sometime.

What kind of "hat" have you taken off for the rest of the contributors?
    'Cause 'till you tell me/us, --- I'm just gonna have to use my imagination.
    Can y'all imagine what I'm imaginin'? :laughing-guffaw::brilsmurf:

8. moonshadow

Mar 29, 2008
    Denver
    What more needs to be said. Happy Trails Cowboy

9. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Didnt know you was an OLD FART Shocky:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

10. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    What's your definition of "OLD"?
    I'm probably older than that. :yes2557: :biggrin_25525:

11. Beaner

Beaner Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Salem, Ohio
    Aftershock - you are a complete mind-$%^&.....i like it, keep it up.

now, for my USX story.

first off i should probably tell you all that i hate driving trucks - unfortunatly; im really good at it and my current situation dictated that i needed something higher paying where i didnt have to drive my pile of jeep to and from every day ('97 5.9L V8 jeep grand cherokee - 7(yes seven) mpg) so why not get back behind the weel of a big truck after nearly a year and a half away from the road?
    and heck.. if the truck shifts itself it cant be all that bad can it?

so i apply at USX, get 'the call' and am scheduled for an orientation at medway..

great

i get packed up (wich btw... how are you suposed to fit all your gear into something that you can carry onto a bus???)

being that this isint my first driving job, nor my first time dealing with recruiters (i belive they all lie) i try to keep in constant contact with them by e-mail (get a blackberry its awesome)

time comes for the day that im suposed to get on the bus and i send one final e-mail to 'thank' my recruiter...im down the driveway headed for the bus station when i get an e-mail back saying "call in please"

i call while still making my way to the bus station (in my friend's car who took the day off to take me to the bus station btw..)

i get some horse$%^# story about "you dont have 6 months consecutive expierence with the same company within the past 2 years - we cant hire you"

granted, she's right. ive been trying to get away from driving since 01 when i got my liscence through Schneider (yes i was a pumpkin) but its like a drug, you try to quit it but you cant due to the fact that you make decent money doing realitivly easy work

so now my friend is screwed out of a day of work, my plans are all f-ed up...i go home and log on to NO LINKS! and apply to 71 companies any once - now my blackberry is being blowed up from all the e-mails and calls im gettin for other companies that want to hire me.

thats my USX story and im sticking to it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.