Steelman Tranportation Springfield, MO

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by timpte, Mar 11, 2013.

1. timpte

timpte Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Anybody got any useful info on this company? I am considering going to work for this outfit but can find absolutely no info on them so any help would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
  4. timpte

timpte Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2011
    That's the only one I can find and it's old

5. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Yep, the last 2 guys I know who went there quit after a few months. Said they sat around quite a bit and the load rates were terrible.

timpte Thanks this.
  6. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    From what I understand they're basically a glorified PRIMEinc. Every driver I've ever talked to had no business pulling a deck

7. Jimmbuds

Jimmbuds Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Probably just like most any other company out these, they suck ***. You dont hear any of there owner ops sucking them off, which probably means they are just like most every other company out there.

8. timpte

timpte Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2011
    But you can't find any bad news either soooo. Is no one talking because their a good company and they don't want anyone else to know? I asked for useful info but this is what I get. Gee thanks. This forum site apparently is going by the wayside.

9. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    OR, none of their drivers are on this website???

there was a guy who was going to do a L/P deal but he disappeared (guy was in that other thread) and the other 2 drivers that I personally knew that went there left after 2 months due to low rates and lots of sitting around. Their trucks were paid off long ago so they weren't looking to work crazy miles, but they said they were lucky if they moved 3 loads a week and that was mainly Blytheville to somewhere in MO and back.

10. CallMeArty

CallMeArty HaMMeRED DoWN

Apr 6, 2010
    TEXAS
    Is that right? And exactly what kind of business must you have to be a super trucking deck pulling kinda driver fellah? Please enlighten me! Please!

11. dirtyrabbit

dirtyrabbit Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    KS
    Sounded like someone dropped a chain there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.