Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. The Biggest Dawg

The Biggest Dawg Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2019
    [Location Not Found]
    how do you like merge transport? Do you get all your loads through them. do they get you loads that are not on load boards?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I work with them closely, I’m not comfortable just letting them have free reign. Mostly load board stuff. It’s nice having someone that can just work on a load all day while I’m working on everything else. It saves me a lot of time. They do a good job, I have no complaints.

The Biggest Dawg and Tug Toy Thank this.
  4. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Are they paid on a percentage or flat rate?

Tug Toy and mp4694330 Thank this.
  5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I pay a flate rate per week. They can also do a flat rate per load.

Oscar the KW and Tug Toy Thank this.
  6. SoDel

SoDel Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Southern Delaware
    @Misesian Nice Z! I have an EcoDiesel Ram and have a lifetime (3yr / 22k mile ) avg of 22 mpg. I also have a set of 33's on 20x10 so not the most efficient wheel and tire package. Look forward to hearing more about both trucks mileage in the future

Misesian Thanks this.
  7. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Almost got hosed on my weekend runs. I delivered some tomatoes in NC and the shipper had 2 pallets on there that belonged to no one. They wanted me to donate them. Problem is, there are only church food pantries up here and they don’t have space for that much perishable product. I was finally able to find a place and get rid of them though, their pantry opens Saturday morning so it worked out pretty good for them. I’ve 2150.00 bucks on me by Monday morning and I wouldn’t be happy to lose that. Next week is going to be difficult because the holiday is on Thursday. I have to make sure I’m empty soon enough, in a good spot to make some revenue.

RStewart Thanks this.
  8. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I hate that when you have product you have to get rid of because of someone else's mistake and it screws up your loads. Glad you got it handled without that happening.

I'll be joining you in the reefer game in the next few weeks. The market is really strong right now. We've got guys that parked their open deck trailers to rent reefers.

9. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’ve been doing pretty good. I stick to the shorter stuff. The longer hauls are super cheap. The only long hauls that pay are central and Midwest to the East coast and Southeast. The backnhauls are too low and I break up those trips in two or three short runs.

PPDCT, RStewart and Tug Toy Thank this.
  10. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    That's what I've been noticing. We're also working on some contact stuff in and out of PA. Plus I've got some good contacts running between OK and Iowa.

11. bigtravelr

bigtravelr Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Hopefully it holds up for a while. I was able to avoid all the cheap stuff this week with one 300 mile deadhead across PA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.