Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    Easy on the eyes, or cost savings?

This is a simple question to everyone except class-8 drivers.

Cool is cool, business is business. Maybe EGR never happens if cool was valued a little less.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I don’t think EGR is cool at all. lol

I don’t have any extra chrome on my trucks but they do look #### good and have a good aero package. I try and find a middle ground.

Your acting like I was negative towards him...

4. TexasKGB

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    Prior to the drunk ####### hitting you, how was the Titan treating you? What year was it and do you feel it was a good purchase?

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

5. TexasKGB

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    Nah, not negative. Apologies for coming off that way. I'm a systems/efficiency guy - first career was in scrap metal, which is measured in pennies/pound. Cool guys go out of business fast in scrap. I think trucking may be similar. I hate cool in business, and business in cool.

Again, no disrespect intended. Thank for the reply.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    No worries, and you are definitely not wrong. Efficiency is a huge part of being successful long term in trucking. Across the board really, but certainly your equipment and time.

I admire the OP as he really does his research and makes educated decisions based off it. Everyone has different opinions and there is no one right way, but the way he does it has certainly given him an edge on the competition.

There are SO many different types of trucking and applications as well, which makes a difference in what’s important to you/your business.

7. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I still have the wheel covers on the trailer. The center piece of the FlowBelow on the trailer didn’t last long. After only a few speed bumps at shipper and receivers, it broke the bottom half off both of them. I took that piece off and kept the wheel covers.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  8. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I liked the Titan. It was a 2018. I had it exactly one year when the accident happened. It really wasn’t that bad on fuel given it’s weight and being a V8 diesel. It was really comfortable and I kind of liked it didn’t have so many features like the new half tons have. I drove mostly around town and it would get 17-18. On a couple longer trips, 120-150 miles total, highway, 65mph, it would get 23-24. It’s nice for someone that tows regularly but doesn’t need the juice and capability of a real 3/4 ton yet needs something more than a half ton. In my opinion the Pro4x package is nicer Thant the top tier platinum or whatever they call it.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  9. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I managed to put it together, getting through the holiday. This month will be 20,514 in revenue on 8905 total miles. 2.30 on all miles, 13% DH. I’ll be cutting it close on hours by Saturday when I finish all this. Then I’ll be working home to take a few days off next week. I’ve been on the east coast all month. I went to OH once, everything else has been from Atlanta and Greensboro, North and East, and in between.

9A082B96-81C6-463E-B83A-67C2C26CF45B.png

10. The Biggest Dawg

The Biggest Dawg Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2019
    [Location Not Found]
    How much in fuel do you spend on the reefer each week?

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  11. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’ll spend 80-100 bucks a week in reefer fuel. Even in May through September I was only spending in the 90s per week. September was high for some reason. I spent 505.00 that month. Last month I only spent 325.00 in reefer fuel.

SoDel, Tug Toy, RStewart and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.