Stevens or Central Refridgerated? You have to start somewhere

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Grinnbearit, Nov 14, 2007.

1. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    How can you make a living making 25 CPM. I couldnt see anybody wanting to work for that low of a pay scale. It is plenty of companies that will offer better pay then that for trainee. You can do better then that forreal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hendersoncnc

hendersoncnc Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    baltimore,maryland
    really?..ok point me to the place!!!!

4. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    my bad i didnt mean to sound rude, but i know some places that would at less start you at 30 or higher. Instead, of .25 CPM a mile. The reason why i said that is because, my job im going to early next year is going to start me off a 35 CPM.

5. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Maverick 35 cents starting. Per month 10000 miles X 25 cents= $2,500
    Per month 10000 miles X 35 cents =$3,500
    That's a difference of $1000 per month $12000 per year. Oh and and after first year 39 cents a mile. I've never worked for a trucking company look at my name but basic math is basic.

6. Preacherman

Preacherman Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Moberly, Missouri
    It's funny because if you look online there are a bunch of people who say bad things about central. Most of them were people who heard it second hand though. I'm glad I've been able to read posts from a couple of people who actually work for the company and know what it's really all about.

7. grandmadebe

grandmadebe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Grandma Debi says thank you for this reality check:biggrin_25514:

I finally went to CR England left the other Grandma Debe at home with the grandkids.... fell in Love with a classmate named Virgil and we will be a team soon. Just a few days until we finish the CAT plan....

and I have located the Worlds Best Apple Pie!!!!

Not bad for a first time truckin adventure by a ole grandma!!!:yes2557:

Read my thread under favorites to hear the rest of the story!!!

Blessings!
    Grandma Debi!

8. Preacherman

Preacherman Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Moberly, Missouri
    Going on to what fox said about dispatch and your truck. If your truck isn't running properly just let OTRM know and they will get you to the closest place to fix it. tell your dispatcher that your truck isn't working right and you're going to get it worked on. if it may take more than a day tell them you need the load repowered. They actually have to ask if you can get it there somehow but if you say no than that is final. if your dispatcher keeps hounding you about it. ignore him and take it in anyways. tell him where you are and to let him know when he gets somebody to repower it. that's what I had to do with my last breakdown. my egr valve went out on my truck and i told him it would run but not past 30 and he said well take it anyway. I told him I'm not getting a ticket and to get somebody to repower the load or else it will be late by a couple of days. He got somebody to repower (note this was not my regular dispatch but my night dispatcher)

revslev Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.