Stevens or Prime?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by garp, Feb 17, 2013.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    The government doesn't allow us to buy real tin foil anyway.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    As others have stated all the big Companies, especially those that train have complaints...

You may want to research more
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NEW-P...-Lies-Enslavement-Springfield-Missouri-582936

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Prime-Inc./reviews

There are plenty more, but since you stopped at two, so will I.

Good Luck with wherever you end up, but remember, offering suggestions to people about an industry you are not a part of and about Companies you do not, nor ever have worked for really rings hollow and makes you look petty.

4. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Like just about every major company out there, not only do the recruiters read these posts, but management and ownership reads them as well. I have seen many changes on the inside (that benefit the drivers) based on management's reading of posts here. I have yet to hear about or know of any repercussions towards anyone that posts here.
    This board is a great source of information as well as knowing the tone of driver's feelings. I know several managers that value this board for that reason.

Corporal_Clegg, skellr and PikesPeak Thank this.
  5. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    And management does figure out who you are if your are a prolific poster. I never saw or felt any repercussions.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  6. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I am positive they know who I am... Pretty sure I am the only Stevens Driver from my hometown.

I don't care because I don't post anything here I wouldn't say to management anyway.

flue Thanks this.
  7. flue

flue Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Boy, thats a true statement right there if ever i saw one!

8. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I know of several persons in management that really enjoy the forum. They feel they learn things here they won't hear in the halls, and gives them an insight into what makes drivers tick.

9. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If there was ever a group of people that march to a different beat it's truck drivers. The idea of going inside the head of a truck driver makes me think of captain Kirk; "To boldly go where no man has gone before"

10. echo2026

echo2026 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I am having the same thoughts, I have researched Stevens and Prime very extensively and im leaning towards Stevens due to hearing more about safety protocols in place but both seem best of the options, I'm from Washington state south east part of state only seen a couple Stevens trucks and one prime truck around. Im most concerned about the schooling structure which is why i like Stevens more structured traditional schooling but I do like Prime with more sink or swim real life training experience, I know just contradicted my self but i am torn between these two,

Just want to thank every one for this thread and the many others I have read and am currently reading,

11. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

You want Prime-I have never heard bad of them yet. Every single truck driver I have spoken to, from Stevens, says NEVER work for them. Also, that three year commitment is foolish when there are alot time slots less available out there, from 0 months to 8 months, to one year. Just some food for thought.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.