Stevens or Prime?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by garp, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    never heard anything bad about prime... then you have not talked to their drivers, or read the Truckers report...

they are both training companies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

Actually it's pretty amazing how reading here, and talking to drivers, I hear very little good at all about who they work for-they're probably just the disgruntled employees that are irritated, and the good ones are happily driving down the road with a big smile, and paycheck.

4. echo2026

echo2026 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I have read your year in reveiw at stevens or somthing along those lines. TLeaheart it was a great read and ete opening. I know that any training company is going to have bad reveiws. But with the research I have done top two for where I am from are stevens and prime. The low pay is not an issue because sad to say even thoufh ive been at my current job just over 4 years and run the maintenance on budget trucks it would be a big raise if I made 26 cpm and averaged 2000 mile a week. So the first year will be good. No matter where I go and only get better. Thanks

TLeaHeart Thanks this.
  5. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    some more food for thought always consider the source when getting advice from someone not in an industry who has never worked for either company is giving advice about.

6. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

You mean the Stevens drivers I did speak with, like it does say in the post. Just some food for thought there KMac.

7. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    no I mean you passing out advice Pikes Peak there's more food for thought there
    brother

if you have not worked for either company but you're picking one over the other when once again you don't even work in the industry you are simply letting others form an opinion for you and trying to pass that off as a knowledgeable answer it is not

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  8. flue

flue Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Actually pikespeak, most of the stevens drivers who grace this forum are reasonably satisfied. If, however, you choose to give more credence to those unhappy few, by all means do so, but your information will always be schewed.
    I freely admit i have not bothered to read this thread in its entirety, and am only posting now because it offends me to have the valuable advice in the stevens forum lumped in as a few unhappy squeaky wheels.
    Ill be more blunt than my blunt coworker kmac....if you dont know diddly, then shut yer piehole and you may learn something.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  9. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    What a load of crap . and from someone who has never driven a truck lol ...
    I know plenty of Drivers from Prime and from Stevens. And fr the most part, the drivers at BOTH companies are happy there, and there is a small percentage that hate where they are.

10. Pete1954

Pete1954 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Janesville,WI
    How or where do you apply from Prime? I have my CDL permit Issued in Wisconsin. Can this be transfered? CDL Lincense NO Permit not sure about
    Call 608-718-1995

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  11. Pete1954

Pete1954 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Janesville,WI
    How or where do you apply from Prime? I have my CDL permit Issued in Wisconsin. Can this be transfered? CDL Lincense NO Permit not sure about

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.