Stevens physical question

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by bamamac, Apr 11, 2013.

1. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    [​IMG]

What's this?

Do you actually hve to stand in front of a doctor with just your underware on and he checks your body out for scars etc.? I understand BP, and diabetes, and to some degree sleep apnea, but I think that is going too far

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    That link doesnt work but basically yes. I dont know that I have ever had a physical that i want in my underwear. The Doc does have to look you over. How is this going to far?

4. mumbles6978

mumbles6978 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2011
    New York
    Are you effing kidding me? They check you for scars? wtf that makes no sense. so someone that had severe acne will get questioned I dont get this at all.

5. bamalu

bamalu Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Alabaster, Alabama
    I have a small hernia that my doctor says is no big deal right now. Would I flunk the physical because of this? My personal doctor said he would give the OK and clear me

6. VegasfanNJ

VegasfanNJ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    If you tell them you never had surgery but upon examination they find a huge scar on your chest from an incision they know you were lying. Just be up front about medical history, the whole process is like 5 minutes.

KMac Thanks this.
  7. treetrimmer88

treetrimmer88 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I wish i went to the same doctor at stevens as you did lmao i sat in the training class for 3 weeks extra waiting on him to READ my paperwork.

8. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I had surgery in February, went to Stevens in May, two weeks after my last follow up, but I brought a copy of both my discharge summary and the Operative Report, I handed then to him, he read them, checked the area and that was that.

He put copies in my file and I passed the physical.

9. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Are people really this paranoid and conspiracy loving? Christ's sake people.. its a physical!!!! You fill out the form asking about medical history.. it asks about your MEDICAL HISTORY!!! If you have had operations you will almost assuredly have scars.. they don't ask if you have scars.. but if as the other poster points out you do not indictate that you have had heart surgery and the doctor notices the OBVIOUS ZIPPER in the center of your chest.. he may indeed report the heart operation and ask questions about it. Geeeze Loueeze!! If you are a conspiracy nut stay out of trucking there are enough out there already!!

10. bamalu

bamalu Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Alabaster, Alabama
    LMAO!! I was just curious about them asking about my hernia and if my doc said it was OK would the Stevens doctor pass it?

11. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    When you fill out the paperwork on medical history, simply put down there as much as you can remember about the hernia and the treatment.. it will be mentioned and written down on the long form, but should have no real bearing on getting a medical card.. you will be checked for hernias as they can be deadly to drivers (and anyone else really), but this is a medical check up and nothing really more than that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.