Stevens physical question

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by bamamac, Apr 11, 2013.

1. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    I forgot about that kmac, mav does have reefers. Put in an app today and see where it goes. Thx. I will be back on the road with somebody eventually. I can go back to stevens if I jump through hoops and get my doc to take me off a couple of my meds or change them, LoL!

KMac Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knew B. Wannabee

Knew B. Wannabee Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Woodland, CA.
    The experience with the doctor at Stevens can be maddening on a GOOD day. Way too overbooked for just one physician. That coupled with the fact that Stevens is self-insured, and thus, they're more stringent than D.O.T., has their physical being more involved than other D.O.T. physicals that I've had.

I don't agree with this policy but he will disqualify a new candidate for a suspicious scar regardless of the explanation. If he sees a scar on your back that he feels is from some serious back surgery he'll DQ you. Even some guys who brought in letters from their primary care doctors refuting his findings were sent home.

It's the single most nerve-racking experience that I've had over the past 4 years at Stevens. Just my experience though.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  4. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    If you mean DAC by DQ, you're wrong. Stevens doesn't post to a DAC unless it's a serious matter such as abandonment of truck.
    They may disqualify you, but they just send you home and if another company calls asking for details, all they'll say is 'we chose not to hire'.
    I agree that place can be time consuming due to being overbooked, but it is what it is.

5. Knew B. Wannabee

Knew B. Wannabee Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Woodland, CA.
    Thanks for clarifying...DQ'd as far as Stevens is concerned.

6. d0ngmaster

d0ngmaster Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2013
    no way I would go off to TX with a chance of being turned away for failing a physical

7. d0ngmaster

d0ngmaster Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2013

no problem ever with a physical at stevens, except for the humpbacked freak kinda weirded me out a little bit

8. jormm14

jormm14 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2013
    do they pay for a return trip home if you get pushed out threw your physical? I really want to go for Stevens just love those black T700 but i don't want to get to Dallas and have to figure it out from there...
    im trying to get my BP down standing at about 150/98 so shouldn't be to much work but still worried

9. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    You can get BP meds, and still pass physical, would just be a 1 year card.

10. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    I sure hope that you are considering more than just the shiny new T-700's...

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  11. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Yes they will, unless its a failed drug test lol

But also agree with what secorp said

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.