Stevens physical question

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by bamamac, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Nascar is right...I hope your prime consideration of a carrier isn't the truck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KoloradoB

KoloradoB Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Colorado Springs
    If anyone here went to the keensburg school in colorado shoot me a message? i have a question

4. drake3d

drake3d Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Fountain, Colorado
    What do you need to know?

5. KoloradoB

KoloradoB Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Colorado Springs
    What's is involved in the stevens physical. Talked to one of the guys at careers world wide the other day. And he said even if i have my DOT health card i have to see there doctor
    just a lil worried there doc might DISQUALIFY me i have a mild limp and no surgery one of my legs is a lil shorter then the other. worked uploading trucks for 5+ year's and still am as of today.

6. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    That won't keep you out. We have drivers with serious limps. As long as it doesn't pose a safety issue (like being able to get in and out of the truck or under the trailer to do an inspection), it won't matter.
    Seeing the Stevens doctor is to ensure you have had a proper physical. Too many Truck Stop doctors are sloppy, and family physicians don't know exactly what to look at. There is a move afoot by DOT to 'certify' doctors to perform proper DOT physicals, much like doctors have to be certified to do FAA physicals.

KoloradoB Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.