Stevens Tanker Division

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Mattaponi Guard, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    So the wife and I are looking to move to Katy,TX. from Virginia for her job promotion. So while looking for local work I have noticed that Stevens has lots of job openings(some in eastern Texas) for their tanker division. I'm somewhat familiar with the company, since I have worked for another company for the past 3+ years doing the same thing, reefer. So are they expanding or building up their driver base just in case the work picks up? Looks like water hauling. Much obliged.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    The division is fairly new, making money and expanding. It's not an easy job, not for the feignt of heart, but is a good intro into the oil fields. After a year there, it's possible to move up to other positions with other companies that pay better, or you may like it there and stay. I don't hear many complaints from the drivers other than the normal work conditions that are common to the oil fields no matter who you work for.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  4. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Emulsified, thanks for the info. This feignt at heart sounds dangerous? Is water hauling that bad.I don't mind hard work but stupid is different.

5. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    No more dangerous than driving thru Houston during rush hour.
    No, by feignt of heart, I mean it's a job surrounded by too much testosterone. Be prepared to take your lumps and dish out a few. Not pugislistically, but verbally. Roughnecks will cut you no slack, but respect you if you stand up for yourself.
    Think of the Bronx on steroids.
    It's physically demanding. You don't have to be Charles Atlas, but if you have a body built by Brauns, you'll need to think again.
    It's like this in any industry where 'manly men' abide...steel workers, dock workers, pipefitters...I hope I made myself clear.
    So they'll give you a lot of crap just to see how you handle it. And when you do, they'll respect you for it. The newbie will definitely have to prove his mettle.

daniegurlzie Thanks this.
  6. Lux Prometheus

Lux Prometheus Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    San Venganza, Tx
    Can one go directly from training into tankers?

7. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    You need to speak to the recruiting department for that one. Not sure what their requirements are for experience.

8. ajb293

ajb293 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I spoke with recruiters fairly recently who said that division is indeed still hiring and looking for 6 to 12 months experience. It is something on my radar since I'm currently not attached to any area with kids home etc. Is there anyone on the forums here who is actively working in this division? If you are reading this please send me a pm with some details about the job. Thank you very much in advance if you have the time to do this!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.