Stevens Tanker: Oil Field Work?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by hculiver, Feb 14, 2013.

1. stevemarsh

stevemarsh Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2014
    All the outfits here supply fittings. Have to furnish tools at most places though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TxBossMan

TxBossMan Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Sweetwater, Texas
    Someone mentioned something about Paying a driver $18/hr when the company is charging $30-$40 an hr. Every company is different, read that as + or - .. but hourly rate for a Vac Truck in this area is $95/hr and Pump/Kill Trucks are $100-$130/hr.

4. Dantanker

Dantanker Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2014
    In the north Texas region, we pay the same as everyone else, oilfield is night and day compared to otr. We drive on dirt/cow trails in the mud to get to our pick up sites. Drivers walk out everywhere especially in the oilfield due to we don't just drive 90% of the time. We drive if your lucky 20% of the day. We work out in 105 degree weather clear in to 0below as long as the roads are not icy. We work out in the rain also. The oilfield is not made for everyone. As far as drivers bringing it upon themselves, thats not was i ment. If You lost a $100 bill everyday due to your pocket had a hole in it. Would you continue to wear them or learn from your mistakes and buy a new pair? Keep in mind the driver gets thier money back. When a driver leaves, they have the choice to purchase the fittings, or turn them in to get thier deposit back. I'm not trying to be rude. Just stating facts. Thank you

5. gearjammer0801

gearjammer0801 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Yes this is true. I was going to work for Stevens and they were going to charge me $600 for tools and be so kind by taking $50 a week out of my check till paid. I was also told that i could get a motel for $40 a night (Knights Inn) if I shared a room. Now maybe that doesn't sound real bad but I also heard 4 drivers share the same room 2 day drivers & 2 night drivers again that is what I heard.

6. bvx1

bvx1 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2014
    How many hrs a week are Stevens vac drivers getting on avg?

7. Patrickm213

Patrickm213 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Are you a recruiter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  8. Dantanker

Dantanker Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2014
    No I'm not a recruiter. Have a lot of friends that do.

9. Dantanker

Dantanker Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Do work for them as I do as well

10. stevemarsh

stevemarsh Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Out of curiosity, what tools are they charging that much money for? I haul mostly production and flowback and the only tools I ever need (aside from the normal tools a driver would need in any kind of trucking) are a crescent wrench, pipe wrench, and a gauge stick. Are they making drivers buy fittings?

11. Dantanker

Dantanker Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Tools and fittings are $600 in value but you do have the option of buying them elsewhere. We use gauge lines and that alone cost $175, we use 2", 3" and 4"fittings. The back valves are 4". Faster load times on frac jobs

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.