Stevens Tanker: Oil Field Work?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by hculiver, Feb 14, 2013.

1. bvx1

bvx1 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Thanks. I will contact them. Wondering if they'll take me with 8mo exp now though. I remember they used to take 6mo and now bumped it to 1yr. I have no issue with paying the $600 for the fittings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dantanker

Dantanker Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2014
    They should, I'm trying not to advertise but hope no matter what you do, that your happy doing it. That's what matters in the end. Have a good day!

4. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    your a recruiter or a company plant.
    how did you average 1000 a week and gross 65,000
    at the end of the year.

JAL1972 Thanks this.
  5. Patrickm213

Patrickm213 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    What a garbage company.

And screw anyone that is so classless and ethically bankrupt as to recruit or lie for this garbage company.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  6. jimmy77

jimmy77 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks! Was going to apply, but now staying away as far as possible!

JAL1972 Thanks this.
  7. Patrickm213

Dec 12, 2013
    No company worth working for is going to make you buy anything needed to do the job. Any company that does, does so because they are garbage.

The most you might need to buy is boots and even those are usually covered.

JAL1972 and Driver5 Thank this.
  8. gearjammer0801

gearjammer0801 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    [Im sorry but you not your hubby knows what your talking about I don't work for Stevens but I do the same kind of work and my gross pay for 2 weeks was over $ 2800 sQUOTE=TRKRSHONEY;3096315]Don't work the tanker division, but Hubby has a friend that does & he works his ##### off, 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Pay is not as good as expeccted because they are exempt from paying overtime rates.[/QUOTE]

9. JAL1972

JAL1972 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2014
    If they can't work for more than 70 hrs in the oilfields, they are doing something wrong. I worked with electronic logs, those can't lie, and we were told to strictly watch our HOS. On average, as night shift driver I was doing (without any effort) 80hs a 6 days/week. When I was on day shift, 95hrs was the average. Don't trust any company who will charge you for the tools you need to do your job. Any serious company will give you the tools, and if you loose them too often or quit and don't give the tools back, they will take the money from your final paycheck, but paying in advance for tools? for feedings? for washers? stay away from them.

10. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Seems to be a mishmash of information in this thread. I work for Stevens tanker. Started last month.

I did have to buy fittings. They say a lot of drivers took off with them when they quit and had no recourse on getting them back or taking them out of final checks. That's their story.

I have a 50$ deduction per week, plus a $20 deduction for the h2s monitor which is now done. The h2s monitor is yours, but if you quit and turn in your fittings your last check will have the $700 returned back to you, or so I'm told.

Additionally after one year, if you ask, you will be given the "deposit" back on the fittings. No pipe wrench, just fittings, adapters, and a gauge line. Oh and a bucket.

I do not work more than 70 hours a week. I'm sure there are guys here that do by gaming the log system versus clock in time. I run legal.

I am paid overtime after 40. Pay is definitely lower than other companies. I've talked to many guys at disposals that work for different companies. They all pay different, some pay per diem daily on top of hourly, it goes on and on.

My last check was $1400 and some change. For five days of work. Two days off. I'm not complaining. Yes you can make a lot more than that at another company.

For me I found perfect housing and make decent money for a single guy with obligations that you could count on one hand.

Like anything its what you make it. I know we have a lot of turn over and I know a lot of guys commute from San Antonio, which I personally wouldn't do. Work 13-15 hours then a commute to and from work that is a minimum of 45 mins? No thanks haha.

As I mentioned in another thread, while the mother ship is a training company, it kind of seems like this is its own operation. All of my points of contact, supers and safety are located in Stockdale. It works for me.

unloader

11. Patrickm213

Dec 12, 2013
    You don't need to game logs or run illegal in Texas to drive more than 70 a week. All you need to do is tale a 24 hour reset when you hit the 70 hour mark and you get 70 more hours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.