Stevens training

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by LadyNicole, Sep 20, 2014.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I hope she keeps this thread active. I'm interested to learn the details behind this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    $6K is ridonculous for a refresher. I can vouch for Midwest Coast Transport - MCT in my home town, great company and training. They are an all O/O company so you would drive for a fleet contracted to them after training or get your own truck.

*edit; I am not slamming Stevens training, it is Vgood but something fishy about the price doubling like that.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  4. LadyNicole

LadyNicole Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Jersey shore, New Jersey
    Thank you all very much for the great advice!

5. AmericanTruckerU.S.A.

AmericanTruckerU.S.A. Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2014
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Keep us updated on what you decide on doing and good luck.

6. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    OK, I wanna know, what happened to LadyNicole?

7. DenaliDad

She has a total of six posts, all of them here and the last one just up the page. She's either gone or just lost interest, like many new contributors.

8. LadyNicole

LadyNicole Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Jersey shore, New Jersey
    Hi Dryver, thanks for thinking of me. I'm still here, however I chose not to go with Stevens. I was getting to many stories from them. I did go with a O/O here in N.J. and the truck was a POS. I pulled out on the trucking for the time being as I need to get a knee replacement. I'll pursue it again when I heal. thanks, and good luck. Nicole
    p.s. I like Watkins Shepard now

Dryver Thanks this.
  9. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Make sure your knee is 100% healthy before W/S, if I am not mistaken they haul office furniture out of that Jersey Terminal, and there will he some unloading involved. I am from DE and looked into them briefly and chose not to go with them although I can not remember exactly why to he honest. I am pretty sure though there will be some physical labor at the recieving end.

Good Luck with your operation and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

10. DenaliDad

I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I'm dealing with a somewhat cantankerous left knee myself, though I don't think replacement surgery is indicated. Yet.

When you come back, check out Prime Inc. You'll probably need to go through some or all of it and they do training right; you'll also make more money getting it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  11. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD

There you are! Sorry to hear about the knee, get healed up and out on the road. Good Luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.