Stevens Transport Aviary . . cont'

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Dryver, Jun 4, 2013.

1. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Are you only working 40 a week now? If not it may not actually be any extra hours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Are you only working 40 a week now? If not it may not actually be any extra hours.

4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Moonshadow; Anyone that tries to compare a career in trucking with hourly paid jobs and compares compensation on an hourly basis really doesn't get it.

5. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    This is about office workers, not truck drivers, who are not paid by the job (mile)

Dryver Thanks this.
  6. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ahh, thanks TLea, My coffee may have been watered down this morning.

7. moonshadow

moonshadow Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Denver
    My comment was directed at an office worker who was changing their hours and number of days worked ... but thanks for your wordly advice

8. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, TLea already corrected me. No prob.

9. flue

flue Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Hi guys, long time no talk to!!
    The Facebook rumor mill has been chewing this to bits and I figured I'd swing in and see what yall are hearing and seeing. So far, nothing. But here are two pennies I found...
    7 days on 7 days off means one week no time for anything but work and sleep, essentially a drivers job only with your own bed every night: then a week of nothin but time for all the whatsits and doodads and honeydos.
    Depending on your mental framework, it's great or horrible.
    Are you being compensated for the week off? Are you being paid for all that time on properly? Stevens has a habit of skimping the parts they can whenever they can if they aren't watched.
    What no one has asked and what makes me curious is Emuls last line about other items being organized and in the works. Can you elaborate?
    Additionally, I have heard of many long time folks leaving or being evacuated, and am wondering if all the personnel changes are a result of house cleaning and restructuring or a result of folks collectively saying oh heck no.
    The planners change seems fishy when viewed in connection with the personnel change. If you have 10 folks working 7/7 where you used to have 30 working 40, it's not better coverage.
    I've also heard that Stevens is culling the trainer base, is there any truth to that?
    Many hugs and all that girly crap I've been neglecting ❤️

10. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Standard office work week in this industry is 42 hours. As an example, DMs work five 8 hour days, then a half day on Saturday every other week.
    Some (like me) love the 7/7 shift. I've been so use to night shift driving, working or whatever most of my life, so nights isn't an issue for me.
    I'm old, kids are grown and my wife and I have been married for something just short of 735 years, so it works.
    You're right, tho. It's brutal. Work, commute, sleep. Nothing else. But those other 26 weeks? I love 'em!
    I loved the road. But as that old philosopher C.Eastwood said...."a man's gotta know his limits."

Rattlebunny, Kevin Lewis and flue Thank this.
  11. Kevin Lewis

Kevin Lewis Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Pensacola, FL
    Is the private FB page something I can get access to now or so I need to wait intil I get my hat? :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.