Stevens Transport Aviary . . cont'

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Dryver, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    I left over a year ago and I don't know about right now, but the few years I was there, they claimed approx 3000 trucks including company, l/o, and o/o.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
  4. Freebird SRT

Freebird SRT Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2016
    I just got off the phone with a recruiter who informed me that STevens Transport new pay scale is you START OUT after training at .30/mi and raises every 1 year after that. However, while on hold it tells you that you get 3 pay raises in the first year and from what I've seen the 3 pay raises were that you started out after training at .26/mi and go to the .30/mi mark at 1 year. CAn anybody verify which pay rate you do start out at STevens Transport now? Thank you My choices are down to STevens Transport cdl school or go to AIT school and then hire on at May Trucking.

Milkman719 and SHOJim Thank this.
  5. pasmurf

pasmurf Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2014
    As a company driver you would get per diem of 10 cents a mile w/ Stevens. Everything else sounds right, the recruiters do have the latest info. I've been with Stevens for a over a year now.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  6. Freebird SRT

Jun 2, 2016
    Never was told about the per diem pay. What is that and is that something you get in addition to the .30/hr?

7. Freebird SRT

Jun 2, 2016
    I'm deciding between going to AIT and go with May Trucking or go to Stevens Transport. Hard decision right now. I like both tbh. I've heard a lot of #### about Stevens but thats gonna happen with companies that are as big as Stevens, CR England, Werner, etc that have their own schools.

8. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
  9. Freebird SRT

Jun 2, 2016
    Any information that may persuade me to go with Stevens Transport over May Trucking? The only thing I hate about May Trucking is that they pay city to city miles you drive. Once you are in city limits of the city you're going to you don't get paid for the miles to the shipper/receiver you're going to. However, they pay more per mile and have a terminal right here in Phoenix. I know there isa lot of good information in this thread, however, i do not want to go back through every page to find info that im looking for. Anny additional info on stevens for a newb considering them would be greatly appreciated!

What is the real percentage of drop and hook with STevens? I believe they said it was like 90% on the phone.

10. Freebird SRT

Jun 2, 2016
    Ohhh another quick question what are Stevens trucks governed at?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.