Stevens Transport Aviary . . cont'

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Dryver, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Trucker42BC

Trucker42BC Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    If I don't get this job with Pepsi I have interview with them next Tuesday.

I got approved to drive for Stevens and if I don't get with Pepsi I'll ore for a while. Can anyone tell me anything about them with current info?

Lease or company and till me how much they are making a week... Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker42BC

Trucker42BC Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    If I don't get this job with Pepsi I have interview with them next Tuesday.

I got approved to drive for Stevens and if I don't get with Pepsi I'll ore for a while. Can anyone tell me anything about them with current info?

Lease or company and till me how much they are making a week... Thanks

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    @drake3d
    Can you answer this persons questions?

Trucker42BC Thanks this.
  6. pasmurf

pasmurf Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2014
    what's the fuel surcharge lately?

7. drake3d

drake3d Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Fountain, Colorado
    Well, I am company(4+ years) and run Texas Regional I am not sure what regular fleet makes now a days but there are miles to be had.
    As for company or lease, I am not a fan of the lease program, I prefer to purchase and contract on. As a solo Lease Operator you need to run your butt off to make money, long hours little free time, it is a business don't expect a side life. If you train you can make money at leasing and have a week or so off every once in a while, but I still think you pay too much for the truck to get little at the end.
    OTR for company won't make you rich but you can make, probably 35k 1st year if you hustle. But you need to hustle and learn who to talk to and how to move yourself. You can not depend on a DM how has a bunch of drivers to watch over.
    Personally if you have your CDL and have some experience try a local or non training company. Stevens is a company to start out in or get a refresher, with that said yes you can make money, won't be a lot, you will gain experience, which pays forward, and it can look good on resume.
    No sure the FSC right now sorry.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  8. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    really depends on how you run your clock. when to take a repower or just sit a day or not. If you know how to work an 8 hour split, it can add up. Communicate. with your DM. Minimize multi stops in Florida runs. Midwest to the Northeast are my favorite

SHOJim Thanks this.
  9. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    my longest mile days are on i10, tx, nm, i70denver to Columbus, I 80 Evanston to just west of Cleveland where I get my 600 mile days, on 62 mph governed truck, where everyone passed me, unless I am light.

10. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    more going on here than the shaffer thread. Can Shaffer compete with 49 per mile ?

11. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Shaffer offers 47-50c to start. Average driver in fleet made $62,000 last year. benefits are better, driver turn-over is far less and it's not a training company. Apples and oranges, a Stevens company driver will not get close to $62K.
    I'm not bashing Stevens, they are one of the best training companies. They are not a career company, unless you like $35-40K and being treated like a rookie everyday.

12. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I'm still around here! To all the stevens drivers out there struggling with Work Flow...don't use it! It is a nightmare and the person in charge won't accept the problems. Use the standard macros for now. They'll eventually get it right, but for now we miss about 30% of the loaded, empty and other calls. This delays your dispatches, the load planners don't know you're available and there are literally hundreds of loads that drivers aren't paid on time because the empty calls didn't come thru.
    Stick with the macros for now!

13. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    i heard that they were good on the work flow issues now. When I had issues id put them on my qc and I got called back.
    i noticed my main issue is the navigation system from workflow. ive hit the x in top right corner after attempting to go to navigation from work flow. after hitting the x, exiting out id go to the home screen then go to navigation to see my fuel points and stops.

• Truckers Report Jobs