Stevens Transport aviary

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Smokr, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Keep us posted. Got another call from Stevens wanting to know if I could start next monday. This is the second time they have called me with less than a weeks notice. lol..Told them I had things to wrap up.
    My orientation date is end of March.:biggrin_25518:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    boy I got under your skin quick.

I make money my way, and it works for me, and all my numbers are posted, so you can see them if you want.

Your BS is deep, as repowers do not always work out smoothly to where you can maximize your hours.

And yes I get paid $25 per hour detention pay, as each of my statement show. It is called negotiation, something you have no idea about. So go and run around, do your repowers and work as hard as you can, to make .30 per mile.... I put in my pocket .376 per mile last year.

So go and believe the hype that a solo can not make it as an alliance driver, and stay company, and do your repowers. It works for you. That way you don't have to think, just run and run and run.

navyvet1994 Thanks this.
  4. wgcarver

wgcarver Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Eastpointe,MI
    OK gentlemen and ladies, it's time for a math lesson.

You can work up to 70 hours in an eight day period. Running 10 hour days with a 45 minute post trip will have you out of hours in 6.5 days. Take a 34 hour reset that brings you to 7.5 days with a fresh 70 to drive again.

Now work less per day and take one less day off. Drive eight hours and have the same 45 minute post trip. 8.75 devides 70 by 8. this means that your hours never stop. Whichever you do, you'll still have used 70 hours in eight days. However, the slow and steady actually has the ability to USE those hours.

One warning to the wise. Not every day will you actually get to drive eight hours. so sometimes the eight hour guy can go for 10 to make up for lost time. It's all in the math.

What's the moral of this story?
    You're both right and you're both wrong.

This has been a math minute by Bill

CRG Thanks this.
  5. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    It is all in how I personally want to run, and stay legal. So WG how are you doing?

Some weeks I run 10 to 11 hours per day, burn the miles and hours up, and then take a break. Other weeks, the dispatched miles are not there, so I run easy, make my deliveries, and take it easy.

it is being flexible, and doing what makes me happy. :)

6. stevens22

stevens22 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2007
    colorado springs,co
    tleaheart. why do you work for the low wage lease program. accidents? company drivers at other companies earn more. other companies have lease payments that are half that of stevens and they don't penalize you .05 cents a mile for driving more than 3,000 miles a week. smokr, i've been following your story. i hoped the best for you. stevens is a scam. they'll try to run you off the job and then stick you with a 5500 dollar student loan. that's a federal garnishment where ever you choose to go afterward. you've been there long enough to where you might be able to put up with the b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t. until your contract is done. look at it as a 5500 dollar bonus. you have a good attitude. then you can get a job at a descent company. then keep posting to warn others. keep good people from showing up to a bad situation. to you loyal stevens people. if you like it there, cool. if you have no where else to go,sorry. don't sell good people on stevens. it shows you have no conscious

7. wgcarver

Dec 1, 2007
    Eastpointe,MI
    doing well. I've had a run of bad luck and the holiday blues not being able to get home due to an office snafu and two breakdowns. However that's what I have savings for so it will be an easy recovery.

8. wgcarver

Dec 1, 2007
    Eastpointe,MI
    What do you consider low wage?

9. stevens22

stevens22 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2007
    colorado springs,co
    .37 cpm average for the year,for a lease driver. and it takes the best business person to average that much at stevens. most are starving. live on their tractors. house arrest with a view.

10. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Who do you drive for?

11. Smokr

Smokr Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    varies widely
    ok, both mountain passes done and I'm driving more. Trainer says I'll easy have the miles needed before time is up because of hours I'll be driving in SW and south away from the snow and ice of upper midwest. Been doing six to eight hours a day past days and will be doing solo-like 11 hours driving by end of nexg week he says. We're hoping not to get caught in the storms coming to Cali Monday. Off to chow now. keep the shiny side up!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.