Stevens Transport aviary

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Smokr, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

hello has anyone paid attention to me.....LOL, i had a question as well.......:biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigowl

Bigowl Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Smokr,
    You are dead on about Stevens. I'm in the process of doing my research right now (that's why I'm on this forum). I researched several other reefer outfits and Steven's keep coming up better then the rest. I'm not saying they are the best company out there but they one of the better ones. As, far as training they are the best and it is a ton of evidence to prove that. Drivetime do your research and you will see for yourself. Smokr is dead on with Steven's being one of the better if not the best training schools next to Central. Trucking is not for everyone. It's tough. It's frustrating at times. Let me even say, it can even be a ##### at times. Face it trucking is not for everyone. . .

4. Bigowl

Bigowl Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Keep us informed Smokr and like always good luck

5. highwayman

hey smokr, can you help me out with some of my questions...thanks

6. Smokr

Smokr Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    varies widely
    24 years old
    No DWI or DUI in last 5 years
    No felony in last 7 years
    No major chargable accidents last 12 months
    No more than 3 moving violations last 3 years
    No reckless or careless convictions last 3 years
    Pass DOT drug/alchohol, road test and qualifications
    3 years verifiable employment, self employment or unemployment
    Verifiable honorable discharge if military within last 3 years

I will ask about how they handle not driving for 18 months, but I think that is a refresher, but not sure. One of the long timers might know offhand and answer before I do tomorrow.
    Sorry for not answering sooner, asked around of my fellow classmates, but all the ones with CDLs were off the road for more than three years and so had to take full classes again even though their CDLs are still valid.
    You could give them a call and ask and know for sure.
    Contact webpage for questions: http://www.stevenstransport.com/netdata/Contact.ndm/input
    Driver Recruiting:
    1-800-333-8595
    Human Resources:
    214-647-3765 Office
    800-233-9369 Toll-Free

lol I'm going to have to start charging for recruiting!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Baack and Ms.Jesse Thank this.
  7. Bigowl

Bigowl Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey
    Highwayman you might want to consider some of there schooling anyways . I know a lot of drivers talk highly of it plus, your learn how to do things the Stevens way.

8. highwayman

thanks guys, yeah even though it's only been yr and a half i figure they may have refresher course, i'm not sure i could handle the whole 8 wk deal and then some on the road with student 3 wks......i got my cdl 10yrs ago and i do know how to drive....LOL, as for record its perfect, no accidents or tickets in my whole life and i'm 43 yrs old...just decided to take a break from it awhile back ago...and honestly once it gets in your blood it's just hard to stay away from it......that open road freedom feeling is coming back to me...LOL, thanks i will give them a shout i just wanted to know some things before i got on the phone with them.....i live right outside ft worth in keller tx so it's not that far to get to them....NO LONG BUS TRIP....LOL:biggrin_25520:

9. highwayman

i just talked to stevens, they are hiring only students PERIOD...!!!! they said no one with driving expierience is eligible for hiring.....WOW, they said maybe in april or may.....so hey i took the time, made the call....even though i have been off the road for yr and a half....she said if a person has 3months of driving they are still considered expireinced.... ( i know my spelling is off so forgive me LOL ) i'm in a hurry...

10. Bigowl

Bigowl Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Smokr,
    Or anyone who could answer this question:
    Who do better in trucking school when it comes to shifting gears the one's that have driven a stick shift or the one's that have never driven a manual transmission before? Or is it completely different when it comes to shifting a tractor trailer. Thanks

11. Smokr

Smokr Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    varies widely
    The ones with experience with a standard tranny do the best by far. Less to learn from the ground up. They can spend more effort in learning the other parts of driving a truck. The one guy we have who's never driven a stick has already quit and was doing terrible trying to control that rig and change gears. He was a nice guy, not stupid, he just couldn't handle the size and learning a stick shift at the same time.

Bigowl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.