Stevens Transport aviary

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Smokr, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barracuda905

Barracuda905 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Minot, ND
    Does Stevens have a fuel mileage bonus as part of the pay package? What about a safety bonus? If so, how much are the bonuses and how often are they paid?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smokr

Smokr Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    varies widely
    • Monthly Performance Bonus Program
    • Attainable Monthly Fuel Bonus Program
    • Load/Unload Pay
    • Extra Pickup/Stop Pay

snakeskin Thanks this.
  4. Barracuda905

Oct 10, 2009
    Minot, ND
    Thank you Smokr. How does Stevens plan to work the rest of your training around Christmas?

5. Smokr

Smokr Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    varies widely
    When I was still talking to recruiters, they said most likely the school would have late nights and graduate a day early, so it might be a bit tougher than usual.
    Well, guess what?
    Instead of 7am to 4pm this week, it is going to be 7am to 10pm Monday to Thursday, Friday off, and out with trainer driver Saturday or Sunday.

6. Joe Leaphorn

Joe Leaphorn Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Smokr, I'm curious if you know what the issue was with your school compatriot who was dismissed after 2 weeks of class. It seems that MVR would have revealed any driving issues quickly. What more does Stevens check? Thx

7. Barracuda905

Oct 10, 2009
    Minot, ND
    Before I received my hire date they asked extensively about criminal history and any prioe drug usage. They also wanted to know about mental health history. I guess hey can be very very picky these days.

8. Smokr

Smokr Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    varies widely
    Seems Stevens does a check on your MVR back to 3 years early on, but they also do a longer check that takes longer, both on your MVR and your criminal history. The first one comes back quickly, the more in-depth one takes a week or two.
    When his deep check came back, it showed a long history of driving problems, speeding tickets, etc that went back quite a few years. He said he told the Stevens staff member that he had not had as much trouble the last three or four years, but they were concerned about his extensive history and said he was too much a risk to put on the road under the Stevens name. He was told other companies won't care as much and will likely not even check back so far.
    There may have been other things, he seemed quite open and honest a guy, but how well do you know someone you've seen daily for two weeks for six or eight hours a day irregularly?
    For all I know he had much worse charges against him that he didn't care to mention in front of the four of us who took him out for dinner to say goodbye and all that.

9. Barracuda905

Oct 10, 2009
    Minot, ND
    Once orientation is complete, what can I expect the first few days with the trainer to be like?

10. nachoman

nachoman Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    You take turns driving. The trainer helps you with your logs etc. Also, you will have to learn how to shift by floating. You only use the clutch when you start or stop. If you get along with your trainer you will learn and time will go by quickly. If you don't get along then it could be hell I would imagine.

11. JerryC

JerryC Light Load Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Hey Big Owl.

The jake is computer controlled. If your foot is not on the excellerator or the clutch the jake will come on and slow down the truck. Sometimes I forget to turn it off. I notice it is on when I start to down shift, like on a ramp or going into a rest area. The jake will come on. But if the jake is on and you try to up shift. You will scratch every gear. Jake seems to work with down shifting but not up shifting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.