Stevens Transport aviary

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Smokr, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    good luck keeping that 10am appt. Monday morning traffic across the GW, arghhhhhhhhhh

nascarchuck Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    I have had the garmin 465t since it first came out. I also have the lifetime map updates. Still works good, but will not save favorites in alphabetical order, so I just use the spell choice, and enter the first 3 letters of where I was going, and up popped an alphabetical listing.

It never routed me down a road I could not travel with a big truck. Until I argued with the routing, then it would try and get me back to the suggested route very quickly. I never followed its suggested route blindly. Lane assist works most of the time, but is always going to be behind on new interchanges.

4. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    I have been using my android phone for GPS. Luckily I have been to most of our dealerships already so I at least have an idea of where Im going and almost all of my stops are on a main road if not a frwy so that makes it easier.

My android keeps losing the GPS signal. This is why I would rather just have a real GPS. plus my Android wont let me save locations.

5. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    I have the Rand McNally 720. It is awesome. I love having the weather right on the sceen. I have has the 710 and before that the 700. All worked well but not perfect.

I have a 5 pick Cheshire load delivering Wed. Wondering about the storm myself.

6. VegasfanNJ

VegasfanNJ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Your not getting into city. State of emergency and they will be closing gwb down tomorrow.

Only tunnels will be open. All Hudson river bridges will stop at 60 mph gusts.

7. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've always used Delorme for my laptop with their USB satellite device. very cheap to buy plus its a mapping program. I like having the 15" screen to look at instead of the pokey 5-7". It also allows satellite imagery over the top of your route. The plus version also has millions of yellow/white page addresses built into it.

http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=32747&section=10121

8. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    :
    Ya know when I was typing in my trip plan I put that I would stay at the Hook in Frystown PA, and that is true enough, it is roughly 15 miles from my first drop and that appt is at 5am. This at the 10 exit of 78... I will leave at 4am and arrived. By 4:30... Now having absolutely no idea how long this will take to get unloaded I put my standard two hour slot in there so I am departing at 7am... now this being nothing but guesswork at this point and my appointment being at 10... I went ahead and put that as my arrival time at Hunts point. I wonder if they were laughing as hard when they read it as I was when I was? typing it.!!!

Oh... and I do have a fuel stop in Jersey on the way there too.

9. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I saw that there was a state of emergency yesterday... was wondering about it. I thought it said trucks would be restricted if winds reached 50mph and bridges closed at 60...guess I'll find out soon enough.

10. VegasfanNJ

VegasfanNJ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Well I'm still sitting in dodge city. Almost 24 hours now. Dld about to be busted then with hurricane b.s. too. Repower request.

11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Been a while since i went to Robesonia, but they had parking onsite outside the gate. Those that got there early were the first in the gate. Thing's change, of course. But with the weather moving in, saftey will put a stop to any moving into east coast cities, if the wind and rain is that bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.