Stevens Transport aviary

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Smokr, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdegrefte

sdegrefte Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2013
    What I don't understand is why they are so insistant on parking at the shipper/receiver the night before a drop. Several times I have been told there was parking only to find out there isn't. I always stay at the nearest truck stop which is usually within 10 miles. There is not always a place to use a restroom in the night if needed when parked at a drop and being female I am not always comfortable using a bush in a back alley.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX

You'd be surprised at the number of drivers that get less than 100 miles from final and just don't wake up and drive in. It usually takes more time to look up a driver's record and see if they're good, than we have time during the night, so your best defense is to do three things:
    1. Post a QC message before you go to bed: OK for OTD. Will roll at ****
    2. Turn off your phone
    3. turn off the volume to the QC
    Then get a good night's sleep. sorry he woke you. He's required to check with every Tyson load. He's really a good guy during waking hours!

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  4. Roadfreedom

Roadfreedom Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Everyone should learn that "trucking" should only be a "last resort" when looking for work. You will never be treated like a human and certainly not paid like one. Ever heard of Slave Labor?

5. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Maybe you need to find another profession, I'm happy with this one. You are not even a trucker in your profile, but a WannaBe, why would you wannabe a trucker after typing a statement like that?

Slave Labor:> Persons, especially a large group, performing labor under duress or threats, as prisoners in a concentration camp; a labor force of slaves or slavelike prisoners.

No, can't say that's me by a long shot.

You're a contradiction, with a name like Roadfreedom, I'm confused.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  6. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

And who would you recommend to lube my shaft while physically watching them do it? Just askin'...but it does have an interesting sound!

:biggrin_2556:

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Just make a general announcement on Channel 19 near West Memphis and I am sure you will field a few offers.

DenaliDad and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  8. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Because if you park at the Shipper/receiver you dont have to start your 14 hr clock to get down there and then burn 3 to 5 hrs of your clock waiting to load/unload. Personally I would never waste my clock like that unless I had to because there isnt any parking.

I always call the Shippers and receivers for my load before I even move. I ask for local directions from (Highway Im coming in on) and if they have parking available. Its a major part of my trip planning and its how I teach my students to do it as well. Protecting your clock is one of the most important things I teach. Save every minute you can. Your clock is money, so dont waste it.

Yes there are some that dont have restrooms. I hit the last Truck Stop on the way in and do my business before rolling down there.

9. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    A friend just said he was told he cant be dispatched until Monday because he is on Insurance hold. Anybody know what the heck that means?

10. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    It can mean several things, depending on how your friend is employed.
    A company person that has had an accident that isn't cleared can be put on insurance hold.
    A contractor that hasn't cleared annual requirements can be put on hold.
    These are just a couple instances.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  11. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Yeah, I dunno about your statement. Is my company perfect? No, but they will have to fire me to get me to leave.

I drive a 2013 Peterbilt, home most nights (been out 7 nights so far this year), make about $60,000 a year, have great benefits such as my employer pays my health insurance 100% and even matches my 401k up to 8%.

Im thinking that my employer treats this truck driver pretty good. Maybe you should consider becoming one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.