Stevens Transport aviary

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Smokr, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy_Aardvark

Crazy_Aardvark Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    OK... time for a gripe.

Drivers, if you are picking up a load that you known is going to be repowered, treat it like it is not, treat it like it is yours to deliver. I picked up a load in Liberal heading to Ontario, CA. It does not deliver until 1900 tonight so way more time than this load needed. After setting the trailer to the 5th hole I was still 800 lbs over weight, so I had it reworked. I spent an extra 4 hrs waiting while the rearrainged some things, but they managed to get he rear tandems to 33,800 so off I went.

I was awakened yesterday morning in Arizona, by a call from dispatch asking if In would repower a load that delivered at 0300 today. 16 hrs earlier? Sure, be glad to. The driver did not have the hours to make OTD on a Tyson load. So the driver shows up, we swap and I look at his scale ticket, Drives 30350, Tandems 35200... So I ask, you did get this reworked right? Driver - No it's under gross, so I slid the tandems back four holes and it should be good, I didn't bother reweighing it but I have been green lighted at every scale so far.. Me - so was it in the first hole when you weighed it? Driver - No it was in the 5th. Me - so now it's in the 9th? Driver - yep, but the axle weights should all be good. Me - Brea is in California right?

So I spent four extra hours to make sure a load was California legal and traded it for one that was not. I slid to the 5th hole and hoped the scale at Phelam was closed. Thankfully it was.

Come on folks... think about the next guy.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  4. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    If I had a nickle for every time a driver failed to scale a load and get it legal, I'd be retired again.
    I can't say anything more on the subject, or I'd be force retired!

5. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    K Mac, clear your mailbox!

6. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    One thing I can say about this 2014 Pete... it is quiet. I was sitting at a received early this morning and it was getting just a touch warm so I put the windowsdown about half way and it was like "HELLO WORLD".

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  7. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Today is is all about me, screw the other guy, to so many people.

Now here is a good one, a repower was set up in Tucumacari NM, and I knew the load was coming from liberal. The driver shows up with the tandems still at the back of the trailer. When I asked him, he said that is where the plant set them, and that should be good... I just shook my head, I was out of hours on my load, and could not make OTD, so I swapped, hooked up to his trailer, slid it to the 5th hole, scaled, slid it to the 6th hole, and was legal, and rolled into California. I was never questioned in the 6th hole.

Corporal_Clegg, TRKRSHONEY and Dryver Thank this.
  8. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    No kidding on the "all about me part"

Just did another repower in Ontario, trailer has a bald tire. Not low on tread, bald... an outside tire so not hard to miss. The Inspection sweep begins tomorrow too, so now I am waiting for the tire to he changed.

I swapped with a trainer and a student... what do you think the student is learning about doing a trailer PTI?

9. jonny illuminati

jonny illuminati Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Washington, VA
    I have been lurking and reading posts for about a week now. I guess it's time to introduce myself. "HI", I'm Jonny. First I want to thank all of the regulars (Emul, Cpl Klegg etc... yes there are many more but I can't remember all the names - so let the abuse begin :) ) who post because you have given me a lot of insight and information. OK, so I am waiting for the Stevens recruiters to contact me. Background: I am a retired Army vet (ret in 2007), spent 20 years in 10th SFG(A), I then worked and went to school for the last 6 years (graduated in May BA- Art History/Archaeology). I am a combat vet with deployments to every conflict from Desert Storm to the present #### holes we have been occupied with, averaged about 9 months a year (for 20) deployed to war zones even when there was technically no war going on, such is the nature of the beast - so i'm not a wimp/##### etc... what I am is a potential newbie - that knows how to shut up, listen and learn. I'm tired of the dockers/polo shirt crowd (they don't much like me anyway) so I am changing things up. I look forward to meeting some of you and continuing to read the thread. I assume there will be some bad apples / pains in the ##### who will talk smack to me, fine, or question my service, or where I worked/what I did... fine... I can and will provide proof of my claims when necessary - perhaps if this is necessary I will provide my Bona Fides to Emul or other designated senior leader on the boards... In the meantime I look to you all for advice and stories so I can learn. Enjoy your day folks... peace out.

Corporal_Clegg and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I remember going to one receiver that the DM's message said did NOT allow overnighting. I got there early and was refused entry. I told the gate guard that I was "almost out of time" and if I had to go back to the first far away truck stop, I would run out out time and have to wait 34 hours to return. And even though I would be late, they would not get their ice cream, cheese, milk, or whatever I was carrying.

The guard gave me a pass, pointed the way to their overflow lot, and wished me a pleasant sleep. That's why I liked staying in the receiver/shipper's lot.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  11. navypd

navypd Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Orange Park, FL
    anybody got the tailgater or vue cube mounted on they unit? if so did you use the no drill mount/hand rail attachment or did you do something custom. And whats Steven's policy on the mounts, do they assist on installs at the yard, do you have to get permission, understanding the difference between company/alliance and O/O. would imagine company cant do jack to the trucks without being told ... but as far as the others... any insight... I have a tailgater unit that i snatched from my dads auto hauling company extras...lol he wont even miss it...Thnx and as always be safe in all you do///NavyPD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.