Stevens Transport aviary

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Smokr, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FozzyBear

FozzyBear Heavy Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Got me a load out of Ottawa to NYC! I accepted this load under protest, but it was Saturday. Mostly I didn't even have the hours to make OTD, but before I got 100 miles down the road I got a repower message. Swapped with one of the local NY drivers for an empty. Got a load the next day going down to Atlanta. Made it down to Mount Jackson VA last night and shut down just before 2300. Waiting to take off now, should be able to make it down to the final today, doesn't deliver until tomorrow at 0800 though. I think I'll call and see if they will take it early.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

That's the most important lesson to learn. Your first year will suck, you will NOT make what any recruiter says you will, you will be abused, ignored, demeaned, mistreated, forgotten, and will on many days, you will hate the choices you made and long to be back with the "dockers/polo shirt crowd," no matter which company you work for.

If you turn off the CB, don't spend all your free time in the drivers' lounge whining about your company, truck, pay, or whatever and listening to the other whiney drivers, pay attention to EVERYTHING, and work hard to hone your craft - which, by the way, NOTHING in your military experience trained you for; dealing with what you will deal with is nothing like being in combat - and you survive the first year, the subsequent years will be much better. Because so few survive the probationary year, if you do, you will have a level of seniority. Then you will understand why you did what you did.

Good luck, driver.

nascarchuck Thanks this.
  4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD

Careful DenaliDad, don't sugar coat it too much. :shock: . . .

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  5. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You will notice a new thread has been started = Stevens Transport Aviary cont'. Please start using this for posts because of size issues this existing thread will be locked in the near future. Nothing will be deleted and will be available for people to read.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.