OK, I thought I would make an FAQ so hopefully we dont keep getting the same question a million times. Please post anything you think should be added to this and I will try to keep this first post updated so its all in 1 place.
1) This is FAQ for Stevens Transport. Not Stevenson Transport.
.....Recruiting phone number: 800-333-8595
.......Live 365: You can find Stevens Radio on their homepage.
.......Stevens Driving Academy
3) Pay scale
- School nothing
- Training Pay $350 / week
- 0-6 mos ... .26 / mile
- 6-9 mos ... .28 / mile
- 9-12 mos ... .29 / mile
- 1 year ... .30 / mile
4) Hometime: Expect to be out 5-6 weeks at a time, then home for up to 5 days.
6) Company drivers can NOT take their truck home with them. It must be left at a secured facility approved by Stevens. These include Kenworth, Peterbilt and Thermo King dealers as well as others.
7) Stevens Acadamy:
- Low-cost housing is available with no-interest financing, if needed.
- Payment for meals is the students' responsibility. If needed, Stevens will provide a no-interest loan of $70 per week to cover cost of meals in Dallas location only.
- If you do not provide your own transportation, Stevens will send you a bus ticket to get you to Dallas, Texas. They will also finance the cost of that ticket.
8.) You will rarely, if ever get to unload/load freight yourself to make extra money. This is not a bad thing.
9) If you go to Stevens school, expect to be gone for 12+ weeks before getting home the first time.
10) If your are thinking of leasing thats fine, but dont worry about how much the lease payments are at this point. Concentrate on getting that CDL and learning all you can with your trainer. You will have plenty of time to ponder leasing latter.
Page 1 of 20
Facebook pages related to Stevens Transport:
Alliance Leasing: You can get an on-going picture of what's happening to the lease operators; keep in mind, this is NOT designed to be a lease-purchase program, though it can be. You must qualify for the lease program. This happens during your Grad Fleet days, so don't worry about being pressured to lease if you go to the Stevens Driving Academy.
Live 365: You can find Stevens Radio on their homepage.
You can also get detailed information about Stevens' Driving Academy costs on my TTR post. Please keep in mind the numbers were accurate when I got them and are subject to change by Stevens.Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
I have just returned home after being "permanently medically disqualified from driving a commercial vehicle" (as the nurse practitioner wrote on my form). I will not go into great details about it; just let me say it came from giving them way too much information on a motorcycle accident that happened 37 years ago and for which there are no longer any medical records to prove or refute anything.
Stevens has the right to have more stringent requirements and they exercised that right on me. Let me just advise all applicants who might read this never to lie or withhold information and never to give too much information, either. That is what I did and it hurt me.kee1227 Thanks this.
1. You will have a mandatory, late-night study session on Chapter 14 the first Wednesday you are there, the same day as your medical exams. It is mandatory for the entire class, including those who hold CDL-A licenses.
2. You will be taken the local DPS office until you pass the tests you need before the third week.
You are given all the information to study and are expected to study at night, on your own. The instructors also give you homework. Take it seriously. Stevens Driving Academy treats you like the adults you are and expects you to take care of your own business.Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
Page 1 of 20